• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I did the unthinkable today....

ballester

imported post

hey which one did u do it at? the west broad one or the midlo one? i may or may not have cc at one of them cause i did not remeber if they served beer or not...cant remember..darn memory loss...hey judged by 12 or carried by 6...our kids need to be protected...so what was the outcome? any shock and awe? of course u kinda look like a cop..so....:lol:but then again when im clean shaven and crew cut(bout once a month):cool:..so do i..been asked..oh i dont know 25 or so times before i quit counting:celebrateim not,,my power starts and stops on military instilations..:dude:(God bless mp's)....insider info...bout ten years ago...my sis worked for them for over a year while she was in high school and told me sometimes one of the guys that dressed as the mouse would do lines of coke in the bathroom before dressing up and acting the part...so im all for oc or cc at places like this...just never know...one of the reasonsshe quit working there....fyi

mobeewan

imported post

When I read the title of the thread and all that has happened to Dan I thought you had gone to Waterside.:what:

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

ballester wrote:
hey which one did u do it at? the west broad one or the midlo one? i may or may not have cc at one of them cause i did not remeber if they served beer or not...cant remember..darn memory loss...hey judged by 12 or carried by 6...our kids need to be protected...so what was the outcome? any shock and awe? of course u kinda look like a cop..so....:lol:but then again when im clean shaven and crew cut(bout once a month):cool:..so do i..been asked..oh i dont know 25 or so times before i quit counting:celebrateim not,,my power starts and stops on military instilations..:dude:(God bless mp's)....insider info...bout ten years ago...my sis worked for them for over a year while she was in high school and told me sometimes one of the guys that dressed as the mouse would do lines of coke in the bathroom before dressing up and acting the part...so im all for oc or cc at places like this...just never know...one of the reasonsshe quit working there....fyi

I was at the West Broad one. I'm looking less and less "cop-like" these days. I havent shaved in a few days and was wearing a Yankees shirt, a pair of 5.11 shorts and a ballcapso I doubt anyone mistook me for my former line of work.

The outcome was that no one really noticed. Or didnt say anything anyway. I was kind of disappointed. No one ever says anything. I'm one of the folks who never has a confrontation with anyone. No one ever asks, comments, calls the police, etc Guess I'm lucky in that regard.

darthmord

imported post

My only problem with my kids and my guns... the kids keep drawing attention to my guns (whether I'm carrying or not). They keep wanting to tell everyone we have them.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

darthmord wrote:
My only problem with my kids and my guns... the kids keep drawing attention to my guns (whether I'm carrying or not). They keep wanting to tell everyone we have them.
my kids are so used to them that its not an issue. My son does want to keep handing out our business cards thoughto everyone passing by :)

nova

imported post

ed wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
Had dinner there tonight with the kids and OC'd

With a REAL gun??!!?? :what:
When someone asks if that gun's real I should say "Nope, it's fake" to see their reaction.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

That "Is that a REAL gun" question drives me nuts. Like... 'Here's yer sign'. I've used: "No it's not a real gun,it just playsone on TV"... and: "No... but it stayed at a Holiday Inn last night."

The other one...: "Is that SUPPOSED to be a gun?" Now... this ain't no mouse gun... it's a S-A 1911-A1 .45acp. I dunno where these idgits come from... but it's a LONG way from here.

The .45LC SAA gets the most attention... and I've carried that periodically. Everybody recognizes the shape... but will invariably ask if it's a .357?

ODA 226

imported post

I CC'd at Chuck E. Cheese in Virginia Beach for my nephew's birthday. I didn't know they sold alcohol there! OOOPS!

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Is that SUPPOSED to be a gun?" Now... this ain't no mouse gun
Sometimes I get that when I OC my Kimber Ultra carry II and a couple of girls at an OC dinner were like.. "Wow Ed.. you have a little one!! It's cute, but it's little" :banghead:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
I didn't know they sold alcohol there! OOOPS!

Without the sale of alcohol there would be a very large number of children left at the Rat's house by parents and other adults who otherwise could not abide the behavior of said children. :banghead::cuss::banghead:

Personally I do not believe they could sell me enough alcohol to entice me to every set foot inside again. (Event was kiddo's 6th b'day party - kiddo is now 23. Some traumas you never recover from.)

stay safe.

skidmark

Sheriff

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Chuck E. Cheese !

Yep, I did it. Had dinner there tonight with the kids and OC'd since they sell beer. Must have walked past at least 5 employees and no one said a word. Few parents looked but nothing unusual.

In the majority of these random events that are posted here, I have come to believe the employees and patrons feel the person carrying the gun is an off duty police officer. Even in the city-county I live in, I think if and when a police officer sees someone carrying a gun, they too assume it is an off duty police officer. Turnover in departments around here is so large the cops often don't even know each other week to week. I would even venture to guess that if the employees and patrons did know a person was not an off duty cop -- they would call the police. But all of this is speculation on my behalf.