• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Outed While Carrying!

Fish

imported post

So, check this out.

I was eating dinner at a Chinese buffet and had just sat down with my second plate of food. I was carrying my Kel-tec P3AT in my right pocket with the Kel-tec pocket clip like I always do. Well, I just installed the little +0 grip extention on it a few days ago. This extention kind of has a hook on it and it caught on the pocket so the whole handle was exposed. It isn't a big deal because the thing is so small and OC is legal in Indiana anyways.

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would get popped for carrying with this in my pocket... today was an eye opener.

This lady was walking by and she put her hand on my back and scared me half to death (I was eating alone). She leaned over and said "Is it OK to carry that exposed like that?" and my jaw just dropped. I thought "OH SHIT IT FELL OUT OF MY POCKET!" but I looked down and it was as secure as ever. My only reply was "No, its legal, I have a permit. It doesn't specify open or concealed". She said "Oh, ok" and obviously she could tell that I was startled. Then she said "I have been wanting to make it in to get my lifetime permit!"

After that she sat down next to me with her freinds and we had a 30 minute conversation out loud about it and other gun stuff hehe. I am glad that she wasn't freaking out and I still don't know how she saw that little handle and put 2 and 2 together.

I don't plan on changing the way I carry the Kel-tec. I have been thinking about trying OC and seeing how it goes, but I got a full blown introduction today!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Welcome to OC! Even if inadvertant. You're one of the club, now.

And, congratulations on inventing a new method of OC: Finger grip extension OC. :)

GaOwlPoop

imported post

Well geez that s a new way to pick up girls. I never had that happen. My wife of 33 years and I did go shooting on about the 3ed or 4th date however.