• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

gun friendly apartments

r6-rider

imported post

im currently transitioning from CA to AZ, specifically mesa area. iv found a few good complexes but id rather hear from you guys personally before asking the apartment manager. anyone know of any gun friendly apartments?

Alec411

imported post

The only thing I know is that I lived in 5 complexs & visited more in 15 years & never had a prob.

Hiredgun30

imported post

hey r6.. having worked armed security around phoenix metro in some of the worst

housing units available.. heed my warning.........before u sign any lease...

you need to drive by the any prospective apt complexes late night on either a friday or saturday.

... i learned first hand that they make look nice and quiet on a wednesday at 4pm... but come friday night at midnight, they turn into the jungle....

i had people BBQ, blasting music at midnight, teenage gang bangers running around with guns,drug deals in the common area, tresspassers, and awhole lot of other things to deal with. so choose wisely......

my dad was right.. when i moved down there he told me....the dirfference between living in the ghetto and not living in the ghetto may only be a couple hundred dollars a month

GWbiker

imported post

Just google "Arizona Apartments Review Phoenix" on the web. Lot's of good info on which areas of the Phoenix metroplex to avoid.

r6-rider

imported post

right now just anywhere thats cheap thats why i was lookin in mesa, and as we all know cheap is never the safest place to be so thats why i want to find a good apartment complex that wont yell at me for carrying.

currently im right off baseline just west of the 101

Michigander

imported post

None that I have heard of will have rules against guns, and if you sign a lease with no mention of weapons on it, you are good to go anyway.

But as has been pointed out, chose the place carefully for reasons other than gun ownership. One thing to keep in mind is that there are cheap places in many parts of the valley, and you should chose an area that will make commutes as short and easy as possible in addition to looking for a friendly neighborhood. If you will be all over the valley like am with work, living in Mesa will cost you some extra gas money.