• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spokane get together.

fetch

imported post

Who is up for a meet in Spokane to discuss some of the things we are trying to do? I don't want to let this slide to the back burner just because winter is coming on. We could get a little more coordinated. Plan on just a couple of hours. I'll start with Sat., Oct. 18.

David.Car

imported post

Was thinking it was about time for another one.

Seconded for Oct 18th.

Lets try and nail down a place and time as soon as possible, last couple times it was a day before decission ;)

BobR

imported post

Iwill try my best to make it. I will be on the westside that week and may not get back to town until the 18th.

bob

K_Bjornstad

imported post

To bad you can't make it Slack. I am definitley up for another meet. I was watching "Planet Earth" on Discovery and I thought of something. Many of us OC'ers are like packs of elephants in the rainforest. We are always out there on our own in a way, but when we all gather it is quite a spectacle! I thought I would put my two cents in for that. Lol. I saw that and thought of all of us OC'ers. Well, anywho, it is time for an OC meet. I may have skipped over it above but I believe David.Car mentioned something about Cyrus O'Learys?

Dave The Welder

imported post

K_Bjornstad wrote:
I was watching "Planet Earth" on Discovery and I thought of something. Many of us OC'ers are like packs of elephants in the rainforest. We are always out there on our own in a way, but when we all gather it is quite a spectacle!
I know the episode that you are talking about. That's the best analogy that I've ever heardfor OCer's. We are just like the elephantsin the rainforest...except for that panda that hangs around here...:lol:

fetch

imported post

Great! By my count we have 6 yes and two maybe. I might bring another along. It looks like we will have to get a big table for us elephants. So once again, Oct. 18, noon at Cyrus O'Leary's. Remember this is kind of a "working" lunch. I will try and find out this week what the actual status of the training bulletin is. Also if anyone has specific code (numbers), parks, buildings, etc., that needs to be addressed bring them along. A good coordinated effort is better then duplicating our work.

David.Car

imported post

fetch wrote:
It looks like we will have to get a big table for us elephants.

503595939_683e31475c.jpg

fetch

imported post

Thanks Dave, Of course if people want to get together before the lunch, that is open. I have to go to the army surplus on division st. The mags I bought are not working in my rock island 45. I did ask if he was going to get in the RI super 38 and the answer was if enough people want it he will.

David.Car

imported post

I'm out for the morning shopping, got to take care of some tasks to prepare for my Lasik next week, but had a suggestion.

The Starbucks right across the street from the army surplus has been used succesfully a few times for meet ups.

fetch

imported post

Yea, I just today found out the police training bulletin has been read to the police. I will print it out and have it for Saturday.