• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

American Hunters and Shooters Association endorses Obama

Slayer of Paper

imported post

Did you really think gun folks would fall for that? Maybe apathetic "hunters" that don't pay attention to their 2nd amendment rights might, but anyone who gives a crap knows that AHSA is funded by the Brady Campaign.

The Donkey

imported post

Not convinced that this is a legitimate membership organization rather than a Brady campaign front.

What is your proof?

Thundar

imported post

The Donkey wrote:
Not convinced that this is a legitimate membership organization rather than a Brady campaign front.

What is your proof?

Donkey,

Everybody knows what a false flag is. The president of this organization was campaigning for Barak long before the organization's endorsement.

I liked you better when you were honest about Barak the gun grabber and said simply you were voting for him for other reasons.

Believe me I think the NRA has really shot itself in the foot (pun intended) after all McPain is no real friend of RKBA, but at least he has a VP who supports gun rights.

Biden is a hypocritical Ass on RKBA and you know it. Look at the sarcastic crap he said in the democratic You Tube Debate.

Look at the groups policy making... weigh gun rights against security, "reasonable" gun laws. Yeah, D.C thought their gun ban was a reasonable law.

mkl

imported post

The Donkey wrote:

What is your proof?

You may just want to google it, there is just too much info to post.
Basically all of its leadership are either founders,members or donate heavily to anti-gun organizations. Examples are Jon Rosenthal who founded "Stop Handgun Violence" which lobbied for the current Mass gun registration measures. or Ray Schoenke who has donated heavily to "Handgun Control inc"

Googling for information about the group gives all sorts of additional info on them. I have never even seen it disputed that they are a pro-gun control group with a deceptive name. No actual hunters and shooters group seems to like them. The last numbers I saw said they had less than 200 members paying $25 a year, with an operating budget of $500,000 dollars. Where does that money come from? However, those numbers are old and I am sure out of date.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Well being that I have never met anyone claiming to be a member, I suspect their funding must come from some members with really deep pockets. The term astroturf comes to mind.

D94R

imported post

The Donkey wrote:

What is your proof?
You're right, it isn't a legitimate membership organization to be convinced about, as it is a Brady campaign front.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

These PINKO's are the first to holler PROOF! About ANYTHING! Look... you NObamabots can take your commiepropaganda elsewhere.. 'cause we're not stupid. We wont fall for it.... or the clap-trap BS of your 'fearless leader'. 'American Hunters and Shooters' has sent me their brochure's for membership a couple times... Each have been tossed in the trash. It's a Brady front group. :X

Deanimator

imported post

The Donkey wrote:

What is your proof?
The leadership roster.
Public positions.

You're not convinced either.

You're just willing to lie about it... as you lie about everything else in support of Obama.

Insulting gunowners' intelligence with mind-numbingly stupid lies won't win you one vote.

G

imported post

Deanimator wrote:
The Donkey wrote:

What is your proof?
The leadership roster.
Public positions.

You're just willing to lie about it... as you lie about everything else in support of Obama.

Insulting gunowners' intelligence with mind-numbingly stupid lies won't win you one vote.
Lie? Kind of like Palin!

Their campaign is going down in flames anyway not even the NRA can save them...

Yep, the ruling on TrooperGate came out just a few minutes ago and the Governor was found that she did indeed misuse her office...

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/10/10/alaska_legislative_probe_finds.html

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationw...ate11-2008oct11,0,192217.story?vote42844824=1

G

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
These PINKO's are the first to holler PROOF! About ANYTHING! Look... you NObamabots can take your commiepropaganda elsewhere.. 'cause we're not stupid. We wont fall for it.... or the clap-trap BS of your 'fearless leader'. 'American Hunters and Shooters' has sent me their brochure's for membership a couple times... Each have been tossed in the trash. It's a Brady front group. :X
Who's calling you stupid? Your just a CON!

:lol:

Deanimator

imported post

Dukester wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
The Donkey wrote:

What is your proof?
The leadership roster.
Public positions.

Lie? Kind of like Palin!
Notice how you had to change the subject because you couldn't defend AHSA?

AHSA is every bit the pathetic sham that David Duke's NAAWP was... and just as doomed to oblivion.

Thundar

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
These PINKO's are the first to holler PROOF! About ANYTHING! Look... you NObamabots
Look Sonora in this forum theytechnically are notNObamabots. In this forum when you trust gun grabbers you are a zombie. Those that trust Barak Hussein Obama with their guns are ...

Nobamazombies.

WCrawford

imported post

Thundar wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:
These PINKO's are the first to holler PROOF! About ANYTHING! Look... you NObamabots
Look Sonora in this forum theytechnically are notNObamabots. In this forum when you trust gun grabbers you are a zombie. Those that trust Barak Hussein Obama with their guns are ...

Nobamazombies.

This almost got me to shoot Mt. Dew through my nose. :lol:

Anyone that trusts their guns to an elected official is a fool! BHO and JSM are both horrible. One is to the Left of Stalin and the other is only slightly to the Right of the first (you decide who is who).

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I do note that it is impossible (well, to my efforts) to find any "about us" information on their site about WHO is AHSA. Like, officers, directors, supporters? In fact, the "contact us" is "page not found".

D'ya suppose there's a reason for that?

unreconstructed1

imported post

they don't want you to see the @brady.org post texts on the e-mail addys?

Donkey wrote:
What is your proof?
well, here is one thing for starters:

According to legal memoranda filed in court by the United States Justice Department, the Second Amendment allows for the passage of reasonable laws designed to keep guns out of the wrong hands. Under the Constitution and laws of the United States, gun ownership is a protected right. But it is a right that when exercised requires the utmost in responsibility and vigilance. In formulating AHSA legislative policy the AHSA Board of Directors will always weigh the common sense interest of hunters and shooters against basic safety and security interests of our community at large. In this way a rational, well thought out approach to firearms policy will be developed and promoted.
http://www.huntersandshooters.org/issues/gunrights

The Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence and its legislative and grassroots affiliate, the Brady Campaign and its dedicated network of Million Mom March Chapters, is the nation's largest, non-partisan, grassroots organization leading the fight to prevent gun violence. We are devoted to creating an America free from gun violence, where all Americans are safe at home, at school, at work, and in our communities. As the Brady Campaign, we work to enact and enforce sensible gun laws, regulations, and public policies through grassroots activism, electing public officials who support gun laws, and increasing public awareness of gun violence. Through our Million Mom March Chapters, we work locally to educate, remember victims, and pass sensible gun laws, believing that children have the right to grow up in environments free from the threat of gun violence. As the Brady Center, we work to reform the gun industry by enacting and enforcing sensible regulations to reduce gun violence, including regulations governing the gun industry. In addition, we educate the public about gun violence through litigation, grassroots mobilization, and outreach to affected communities.
http://www.bradycenter.org/about/

you could almost imagine that they were written by the same hand.

keywords like these are used universally throughout the anti-gun lobby.

these phrases are not only dangerous, but deceiving as well.

let's look at the rundown on what they mean:

"sensible"- regulating guns out of existence

"common sense" only the military and LEO should own them