• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wells Fargo in Las Cruces

jhow1nm2

imported post

While I was at Wells Fargo in Las Cruces this afternoon, I decided I'd ask what Wells Fargo's policy is on OC. The lead teller informed me it wasn't allowed. When I asked if they had that posted, she said no. She then referred me to the Branch Manager...Oscar. I was at the downtown S. Main branch. I introduced myself (not carrying), and told him about my conversation with the lead teller. I asked him the same question. He understood the law and said they have a few customers that come in who OC. He said the tellers feel a bit uncomfortable, but he doesn't and he knows its the law.

I then reminded him of the fact that we have had multiple armed robberies of banks in the LC area in recent weeks/months, and that I had considering carrying when I came in because I did not feel safe while these thugs were still out there. He said when I came in next (while carrying), just get his attention, and he would introduce me to his teller staff and explain the law and that it was okay for me to OC, that I was a good guy. I thanked him and asked him to have this discussion with his tellers anyway before I came back again, that way they would be aware of the law.

Overall, it was a positive interaction. I hope my questions will spark some interest in the staff, and I will OC next time I go in. I'll do the same at the other branches I frequent (Telshore branch and and also S. El Paseo)

like_the_roman

imported post

I opened my Wells Fargo account in Tucson while carrying. Interestingly, the male tellers were all visibly disturbed, but the women were the most supportive.

nmshooter

imported post

Good job talking to the manager and setitng a good OC example. You have to understand their concern from their perspective but after being introduced...they may just want to see you in there.