Thread: Amelia County Concealed carry permit.update

Amelia County, virginia

Post imported post

While I do open carry much of the time that I carry my gun, I wanted to get my CCW permit for the colder, when my gun might be covered by a winter jacket. The thread referenced in the link below details my problems with the application.

I reapplied on September 5th and included a copy of my state police criminal records check(which I had made at my own expense) along with a letter explaining the 1974 incident, and why that even if I had a misdemeanor conviction in 1974(I did not) I was not required to report it on the CCW application, because the application asks only for misdemeanor convictions in the 5 years immediately preceding the date of the application. Ity all must have worked out, because I received my permit in the mail today, just 35 days after re-submitting the application. Thanks to all of you for the advice given in my original thread and special thanks to Philip Van Cleeve for his advice. I am not yet a member of VCDL, but I intendto remedy that in the near future.
    You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office

Location, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

Glad that you finally got your permit. Sorry that there was a delay. There seems to be more and more folks having delays. I get a call at least once every few weeks from someone telling me about the clerks offices.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio -