• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

These demented people make me sick.

savery

imported post

Jopencarry... You and I agree on something. The government is NOT your friend.

However... killing animals that pose no threat to people or property and are of no use to humans dead (such as for food, fur, or medicinal properties) is pretty ****** UP.

Do i eat meat?

Yes.

Do i hunt?

Yes, although i normally come back empty handed but satisfied with being able to get out of the house and into the woods

Do I think that you should be able to kill an animal that is a threat to you, your property or your livelyhood?

Yes.

Do i think that killing SONG BIRDS, who's only point in the ecosystem is to spread seeds and "fertilizer" is "OK?" absolutely not.

and to anyone that thinks that birds are inferior... The only "kids" my wife and I have are 3 parrots, with all the rights and privileges that would be granted our own offspring. So yes, i take it a little personally.

jopencarry

Banned
imported post

savery wrote:
Jopencarry... You and I agree on something. The government is NOT your friend.

However... killing animals that pose no threat to people or property and are of no use to humans dead (such as for food, fur, or medicinal properties) is pretty @#$%ED UP.

Do i eat meat?

Yes.

Do i hunt?

Yes, although i normally come back empty handed but satisfied with being able to get out of the house and into the woods

Do I think that you should be able to kill an animal that is a threat to you, your property or your livelyhood?

Yes.

Do i think that killing SONG BIRDS, who's only point in the ecosystem is to spread seeds and "fertilizer" is "OK?" absolutely not.

and to anyone that thinks that birds are inferior... The only "kids" my wife and I have are 3 parrots, with all the rights and privileges that would be granted our own offspring. So yes, i take it a little personally.
your personal opinions don't effect me.

you're using the same argument someone who is anti-hunting would use. they will give deer human traits and then say how could you murder it.

i have dogs and cats, as well as other animals. i love them. that doesn't mean i wouldn't shoot one. i've had to shoot one of my dogs before.

Carnivore

imported post

jopencarry wrote:
ps: if you've killed more deer than you are years old you must take more than one a season or hunt in several states a year and get a deer everyyear.

unless mizzzzzura is different and you can bag as many as you want.
Dear God, you really are a simpleton aren't you:banghead:, you asked how many and where, well these states are unlimited antlerless in particular areas, and these are the states i hunt!!

jopencarry

Banned
imported post

in all honestly. what is your guys beef? would it make you feel so much better if i had paid $10 for a piece of paper to shoot a squirrel? i really don't get it...

as if a piece of paper issued by the govt holds so much meaning... :uhoh:

you are typical wannabes. you really aren't for "rights" and "liberty" you're only for the rights and liberties that YOU WANT.

ps: get a life ;)

jopencarry

Banned
imported post

Carnivore wrote:
jopencarry wrote:
ps: if you've killed more deer than you are years old you must take more than one a season or hunt in several states a year and get a deer everyyear.

Dear God, you really are a simpleton aren't you:banghead:, you asked how many and where, well these states are unlimited antlerless in particular areas, and these are the states i hunt!!
read my post loser. i said "unless mizzzzzura is different"

in oregon you can only shoot one deer per year. i do not believe you can bow and rifle hunt in the same season, but i may be wrong on that. it may have changed.

ps: for 47 you sure are a loser ;)

Carnivore

imported post

Carnivore wrote:
jopencarry wrote:
b1ack5mith wrote:
i agree to kill PESTS, however these guys are just randomly killing every moving thing they see... doves, crows, etc.
i do it all the time

shooting little birds is my favorite pastime.

don't look
squirrel.jpg

Johnny Cash - My Old Kentucky Home
Turpentine and dandelion wine,
I've turned the corner, an' I'm doin' fine.
Shootin' at the birds on the telephone line;
Pickin' 'em off with this gun o' mine.
Got a fire in my belly and a fire in my head,
Goin' higher and higher 'till I'm dead.
Why small birds may I ask ?? and did you eat the squirrel in the picture ??
This was my original inquiry into your post,after that you couldn't give me a legit answer other than I'll kill what ever I want on my land when I want.

If you would've replied, the birds were becoming a pest and damaging my garden or something Legit, i can't say i blame you, or the squirrel had wolf worm and You didn't feel comfortable consuming it, I'd have to accept that. but you got all ugly and defensive..

I suspect because in your own mind that you know killing indiscriminatly has no just purpose..

I'm not trying to make an enemy of you, We just differ greatly on how to respect wildlife..

Slayer of Paper

imported post

jopencarry wrote:

I don't know about Missouri, but when I lived in Texas, you got 5 deer tags with a standard license (and it was about $20!). Maybe he has lived in Texas, or another state that has multiple tags per year.

Nice looking buck, btw. :D

PT111

imported post

Where I live:

No limit on antlered bucks.
Limit 2 antlerless deer on either-sex days.

Archery Only: Aug. 15-31, buck only
Gun Hunts: Sept. 1-Jan. 1, buck only
Either-Sex: Oct. 4, 11, 18, 25, Nov. 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, Dec. 20, 27, Jan. 1

In addition I can get 4 additional Doe Tags for $10 that allows me to take Does on thebuck onlydays. So that would mean a possible 28 Does a year and as many Bucks as I can carry out. :)

jopencarry

Banned
imported post

its a lot different on the left coast. 1 deer per year, you have to draw a doe tag.

i think you might be able to bow and rifle hunt in the same season, but i know in the past that you could not.

and no i had no reason other than target practice and fun to shoot birds and squirrels.

if that makes me evil then almost everyone in this country before the pussification of american were evil too.

davy crockett... evil.

b1ack5mith

imported post

guys guys guys, i started this post to prove a point... not that hunting is BAD... because, hunting, in the right circumstance (food, harvesting buckskin, etc) is a good thing, but killing for fun isnt a wise thing to do. pests, such as disease spreading, crop destroying, cattle killing creatures... yes, by all means, kill them. but why kill a bird or squirrel just for fun? lots of you just WONT shut up and accept the fact that, when you KEEP doing this, it WILL get MY right taken away. dont even debate it, because nothing you say will stop it from happening. go on and complain, but i am not the one to complain to, im just delivering the message, that the liberals up on capital hill, HATE guns, and dont want you to kill some little furry creature for fun. food? yes. fun? no. dont do it. itll get our guns taken away.

Flintlock

imported post

PT111 wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
PT111 wrote:
....someone would even suggest jokingly that it is OK to kill Californians....
Well, i see this 'California' comment got way outta control. i, personally, have spent A LOT of time in Ca. Honestly, I couldn't go to certain stores by myself,back in the day, due to the crime rate in some of the inner cities i grew up around. I remember this from my youth, and thats why it gave me a chuckle. not that i support mass-extermination of humans in CA or any other state, obviously.

i see now: I should have given this explanation immediately after my initial 'lol'. Wow.
Itook the Californian comment the same way it was intended but decided to add a little fuel to the fire. :lol: I got thoroughly ripped few days ago for suggesting that I could use pictures of Nancy Pelosi for target practice to help me focus better. Seems that Californians on this board get a little sensitive over some things. :shock::celebrate
I used some Osama Bin Laden targets a few years back and it is amazing how much that helped my shooting..

Flintlock

imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
guys guys guys, i started this post to prove a point... not that hunting is BAD... because, hunting, in the right circumstance (food, harvesting buckskin, etc) is a good thing, but killing for fun isnt a wise thing to do. pests, such as disease spreading, crop destroying, cattle killing creatures... yes, by all means, kill them. but why kill a bird or squirrel just for fun? lots of you just WONT shut up and accept the fact that, when you KEEP doing this, it WILL get MY right taken away. dont even debate it, because nothing you say will stop it from happening. go on and complain, but i am not the one to complain to, im just delivering the message, that the liberals up on capital hill, HATE guns, and dont want you to kill some little furry creature for fun. food? yes. fun? no. dont do it. itll get our guns taken away.
Because the future of hunting is with our youngsters and they have to start somewhere. Shooting small game animals and birds are an excellent way to train children and also to harness your ownskills for larger game,using larger calibers. Just my opinion.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
lukeshort wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
lukeshort wrote:
blatant disregard for common sense as a weapon against us all.
The conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as common sense.
Call me ignorant, but please explain. It sounds profound, but I want to make sure I get the intent.
Common sense is in short supply in today's world, perhaps even non-existent. In its place the conspirators would have you believe that because they agree their sense is common.

Believe nothing that you read or hear without verifying it yourself unless it fits your pre-existing worldview.
I still like this quote:

On common sense: Randy Wayne White wrote in his novel Captiva [/i]“It is a character standard from folklore in which “good old common sense” is an essential bedrock ingredient. But too often “common sense” is a safe harbor of ignorance and an excuse for intellectual laziness. They don’t need the facts because they already know the truth—their common sense has spared them the effort of investigation or thought.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

jopencarry wrote:
Carnivore wrote:
Carnivore wrote:
jopencarry wrote:
b1ack5mith wrote:
i agree to kill PESTS, however these guys are just randomly killing every moving thing they see... doves, crows, etc.
i do it all the time

shooting little birds is my favorite pastime.

don't look

Johnny Cash - My Old Kentucky Home
Turpentine and dandelion wine,
I've turned the corner, an' I'm doin' fine.
Shootin' at the birds on the telephone line;
Pickin' 'em off with this gun o' mine.
Got a fire in my belly and a fire in my head,
Goin' higher and higher 'till I'm dead.
Why small birds may I ask ?? and did you eat the squirrel in the picture ??

http://library.fws.gov/Bird_Publications/prob.html

Don't come on here crying for Legal support after some federal agent decides he's gonna tarnish your personal record .. just think about it, is shooting a songbird worth the risk of Federal Charges?? Thats what I call irresponsible gun ownership!!
shooting squirrels and tweedy birds isn't illegal

that link is pretty funny. i wonder why under "PROBLEMS FOR BIRDS" 22LR isn't listed LMAO
Shooting any non-game bird I think is unlawful. There are a few birds you can shoot year round, but you still need a license at least in Michigan. I believe the birds you can shoot are European Starlings, English sparrows and rock doves. States may vary on this.

Flintlock

imported post

savery wrote:
Wow..

Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth."