Thread: CPL/CCW classes

Post imported post

I've been contemplating getting my CPL/CCW for the last few months, and I've been wanting to price shop if possible. The only two places I'm aware of in the metro Detroit area that offer classes are Target Sports on Woodward in Royal Oak, and Peter's Indoor Gun Range on Gratiot in Roseville. Both charge $150 for the class. I'm aware of classes cheaper than that, but unfortunately, the only one I know of is over 200 miles from home.

Does anyone by chance know of any other places in the general area where I could take the necessary course to obtain my permit and the approximate cost? Thanks a ton.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

I took my class with TrapperAlexiou at Trapper Gun; been about 8 months, but I beleive it was somewhere around $100. You can reach him at 776-7581.
    United we STAND!

Post imported post

Man, it's too bad you're so far away. I paid $100 for my class near Sandusky.

Post imported post

I'm in the same boat as you, looking to get my CPL/CCW. I found that the Gander Mountain in Utica by Lakeside Mall on Hall road also has classed, they do the range portion at Hunts with Double, which looks like it is a really nice range, and IIRC the cost was only 90 bucks. In addition Target Sports in Royal Oak has classes too, and I'd imagine Double Action runs some as well. 150 seems to be the going rate from what I've seen except for the Gander Mountain classes. In regards to trapper gun, I drove by there recently and it looked to be out of business, but I'm not sure.

Post imported post

Gander Mountain is only 90? Wow, I'll have to check into that. It's not too far from me, about 12 miles.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Farmington,Port Huron,Waterford MICHIGAN, , USA

Post imported post

I went to Ray at Target Sports on woodward. I also did his tactical classes. Tons of fun. James V. Polidan instructed my class great guy. Even the Gander Mtn. and thelocal PD has classes around here.

Post imported post

I just cleaned out my pants pockets and I found a brochure that I grabbed at Gibraltar taylor gun show on friday. It's a CCW class offered down in Monroe for 75 bucks, there's no website but if you want their phone numbers I'll PM them too you. Let me know, this might be the one I take if I can find a free saturday.

Post imported post

Danger Will Robinson Danger call fo in side in fo 734=657-3268

Post imported post

Its a little expensive but on Oct 25th Mott Community College Northern Tier (in Clio the old Pamida)is offering a CPL class for $159.

Post imported post

cmdio wrote:
    I just cleaned out my pants pockets and I found a brochure that I grabbed at Gibraltar taylor gun show on friday. It's a CCW class offered down in Monroe for 75 bucks, there's no website but if you want their phone numbers I'll PM them too you. Let me know, this might be the one I take if I can find a free saturday.
    I'm in the same boat! I work every other weekend. It's a pain trying to figure out if I can make it to classes or not.

Post imported post

malignity wrote:
    cmdio wrote:
    I'm in the same boat! I work every other weekend. It's a pain trying to figure out if I can make it to classes or not.
    My instructor is working so much just to stay on top of bills we had to split the class into 2 diff nights.....4 hours each. Then had to wait 4 days til he was free to go to the range.

Post imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
    malignity wrote:
    cmdio wrote:
    My instructor is working so much just to stay on top of bills we had to split the class into 2 diff nights.....4 hours each. Then had to wait 4 days til he was free to go to the range.
    Alot of the instructors up here laugh at us doing one day classes. At best they might do the class in one day and the range another. One instructor does them 2 hours for 4 weeks!!

In my experience people dont want to take multiple days off and spend the gas money to drive multiple days.

Post imported post

glock36 wrote:
    warlockmatized wrote:
    malignity wrote:
    cmdio wrote:
    Alot of the instructors up here laugh at us doing one day classes. At best they might do the class in one day and the range another. One instructor does them 2 hours for 4 weeks!!

In my experience people dont want to take multiple days off and spend the gas money to drive multiple days.
    People learn at different speeds instructor job to educate not make money ! Many do a disservice by @#$%ting class !