• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

After Council Meeting/Hooters Vid

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

danbus wrote:
Please draw your own conclusions and leave your comments.

Thanks in advance!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=44410738

Exactly what did the cop say regarding why you couldn't OC or carry at that location?

Also, Wasn't there a way to turn on the sound recorder when you first saw the officer--before he got close up to you? Were you just too late on the start record button?

If so, you missed an opportunity to collect important evidence.

mpolo79

imported post

He tried to intimidate you into surrendering your ID but you wisely refused. He then realized that he was going to have to break the rules in order to pursue further. That seems to be the point when he all of a sudden got very interested in turning off the video camera.

M@D H@TTER

imported post

mpolo79 wrote:
He tried to intimidate you into surrendering your ID but you wisely refused. He then realized that he was going to have to break the rules in order to pursue further. That seems to be the point when he all of a sudden got very interested in turning off the video camera.
Bingo!

Neplusultra

imported post

longwatch wrote:
Thanks for posting, did the officer physically turn the camera off?
Yes, I do believe that is more significant if he touched the camera.

Danbus, that loud static noise in the very beginning gave me a jolt, thought it was a gun shot at first :^).

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
longwatch wrote:
Thanks for posting, did the officer physically turn the camera off?
Yes, I do believe that is more significant if he touched the camera.

Danbus, that loud static noise in the very beginning gave me a jolt, thought it was a gun shot at first :^).

Dan: I know some things are best left unsaid publicly for now, but could you help us fill in some gaps?

Is your lawyer involved? Have you been contacted by the Commonwealths Attorney office or the PD? Have you spoke with Internal Affairs or otherwise shared the video? Did the officer physically turn the equipment off?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

I was hoping to see the officer's face to compare to those on council videos - no luck.

Yata hey

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
I was hoping to see the officer's face to compare to those on council videos - no luck.

Yata hey
the officers face was in the video at least twice that I saw. He appeared (to me at least) to be mid 30s, dark hair, chuck-stash, overweight, 5'8" or so, and a napolean complex;)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Reverend73 wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
the officers face was in the video at least twice that I saw. He appeared (to me at least) to be mid 30s, dark hair, chuck-stash, overweight, 5'8" or so, and a napolean complex;)
Thank's Reverend.

I went back and looked at the video again. Apparently it stopped (glitch) and jumped ahead to the end when I viewed it the first time because I saw it all this time. Yes his face is there and will be easy to ID.

Yata hey

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

To make it really easy, here is Dan's good buddy :p

Looks to be at least a SGT (I think that is 3 chevrons I see)

Dansbuddy.jpg

Another shot of officer friendly heading for the camera

Dansbuddy2.jpg

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

M@D H@TTER wrote:
mpolo79 wrote:
Bingo!

+1

Also, Dan should give his friend a little "what for" for turning off the camera. I would continue to film until my hands were in cuffs.

suntzu

imported post

danbus wrote:
I wanted to start a new topic just for the video on Tuesday.

Please draw your own conclusions and leave your comments.

Thanks in advance!

Dan

fyi - the recorder was in my pocket however, the LEO told me to take my hands out of my pockets. I sure as hell didn't want to get shot :p

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=44410738
It looks like they violated your 1st Amendment rights at the very least--it is lawful afaik to videotape law enforcement when they are acting in their official capacity......

I hope you sue Norfolk and don't even leave them a pot to p*** in....

SaltH2OHokie

imported post

M@D H@TTER wrote:
mpolo79 wrote:
Bingo!
Exactly my thoughts...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

So who is organizing the OC trash pick-up at Waterside and/or City Hall?

Yata hey

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
So who is organizing the OC trash pick-up at Waterside and/or City Hall?

I think Dutch Unc was gonna do it:

Dutch Uncle wrote:
In the meantime, maybe we need to have a big OC group shopping/dining trip to Waterside. :celebrate:celebrate

I'm kind of surprised it hasn't happened yet. It is a big deal, right?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Reverend73 wrote:
To make it really easy, here is Dan's good buddy :p

Looks to be at least a SGT (I think that is 3 chevrons I see)
If this officer was indeed a Sgt., does it not strike anyone else as very unusual that a Sgt. would be patrolling Waterside? Is not a Sgt. generally a supervisor in larger departments?

Questions - we (Dan really) need(s) answers.

Yata hey