• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lebanon PD Labled Soccer Mom a "Suspect" Despite Acknowledging that Open Carry was

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

See attached docs - I will request confirmation that no more relevant records exist, and note that one email page is listed as "Page 1 of 2" yet no page 2 was provided.

Police Captain Daniel J. Wright notes that open carry is not a crime, but without explaining what police officers are supposed to about a call to investigate lawful conduct, indicates that police officers would be sent to "handle" Meleanie and that they should be "familiar with the law." Guidance like this is a recipe for unlawful police actions against open carriers.

Police Chief William L. Harvey seems to be adversarial in the matter, stating that he has had "past debates" with Meleanie, and remarkably, if unintelligbly declares that "with the way PA law is written it maybe safe to say that no firearms or other dangerous instrumentalities on all City property, buildings, and parks other than an certified law enforcement officer (Municipal, state or federal)."

Huh?

And in other news, I called Sheriff DeLeo's officetoday and asked to speak to him about his long overdue Right to Know Act request he received on 22 SEP 08. An office assistant put me on hold to get him, then returned to tell me he was "out of the office."

Kinda sad - Lebanon County and City responded to my Right to Know Act Requests by the book. What the heck is wrong with Sheriff DeLeo? Above the law is he?

Evil Ernie

imported post

So now I've read these emails and the others in the other post. I'm sickened not only at parents who KNOW this mom isn't a criminal, but feel they must interfere with her choice of personal protection. Also the "...we have to do something..." crowd is maddening!!! There seems to be a lot of people working hard to find SOMETHING to pin on Melanie.

Can't people just watch kids play their stupid soccer game, go home, eat dinner, make sure the homework is done, put the kids to bed, and call it a day? Nope, life just ain't good unless you can nose into someone elses life and waste taxpayer money to prosecute (falsely) a typical mom just trying to enjoy her childs game.

Sometimes, how we continue to exist asa species is beyond me.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

yale wrote:
Please combine these multiple "Soccer Mom" threads. It's kind of tough bouncing around and seeing new threads almost every week.
Combining threads is frowned upon here- this particular thread applies to specific narrow discussion - new records obtained fromt he City.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

How can there be any crime w/o complainants (other than hearsay prattle)? How can there be any crime when there IS no crime? Any of these 'witnesses' care to swear a warrant that Melanie TOLD them 'personally' she was a LEO? No? Why? Perjury perhaps? Now the LEO's think they can make up application of'law' where there is none? This whole bunch needs to be rooted out and fired.

dalebfast

imported post

Hey all,

Per the PDF files:

'Advocate for this group', is okay Chief Harvey, but I would prefer that you refer to us as 'advocate for this group of citizens.' Seeing as how we are law abiding citizens, well, I'm sure that you understand....

Dale

jopencarry

Banned
imported post

its great these losers have enough free time "at work" to email back and forth this nonsense. fishing around for a obscure law to force their opinions on someone else.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
How can there be any crime w/o complainants (other than hearsay prattle)? How can there be any crime when there IS no crime? Any of these 'witnesses' care to swear a warrant that Melanie TOLD them 'personally' she was a LEO? No? Why? Perjury perhaps? Now the LEO's think they can make up application of'law' where there is none? This whole bunch needs to be rooted out and fired.
Prominent in the left,s legal case book is the admonition 'it's not the evidence, it's the seriousness of the charges.' That's after the Chapter "It's for the chilldruun!" and just before 'Safety'.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

"Prominent in the left,s legal case book is the admonition 'it's not the evidence, it's the seriousness of the charges.' That's after the Chapter "It's for the chilldruun!" and just before 'Safety'."

Whatever happened to 'innocent until proven...?' "I Accuse' is not enough. This smells so "STASI-ish' it's overpowering.