• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Made a complaint, but during the contact from the CPRB of pittsburgh... *sigh*

codename_47

imported post

I am still kinda at a loss as to why you are surprised by all this.

What I'm afraid of is CPRB will say "there is nothing unlawful being done here since open carry is illegal".

And? So what. The CPRB is not a legislative agency, nor are they a court of law. They don't make laws or interpret them.

No matter what happens, the officers involved will be vindicated by their own fellow officers.

I don't want unlawful behavior to go unrecognized. I will solve this.
I got a solution for ya: 42 usc 1983. Complaints about that statute don't go to the CPRB, though.

If you are serious, why don't you contact the city attorney, tell them that you have a 1983 lawsuit typed up and tell them that you just need one stupid officer to make an example out of, unless of course they want to properly train their officers on open carrying being illegal.

You can't MAKE them follow the law, all you can do is punish them when they don't.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Ranting is sooo much fun, don'tcha know.

The problem with a rant is that you can't tell if the individual is so motivated or not.

On the other hand, action (following instructions/suggestions) is productive.

Rant, bluster or do - even rant and do.

Yata hey

Aran

Banned
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Jared wrote:
You won't have any problems OC'ing in VA, issues are very rare....unless your black.
That is not the case. A majority of the recent problems have been white males being detained, harrassed and/or charged. You want cites - do the work yourself!

Please do not over-play the race card. It is not our style not does it benefit us. It is just bad form. When it is perhaps warranted, rest assured it will be well explored.

Yata hey

Yata hey
Pretty sure that was a simple danbus reference

Aran

Banned
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Jared wrote:
You won't have any problems OC'ing in VA, issues are very rare....unless your black.
That is not the case. A majority of the recent problems have been white males being detained, harrassed and/or charged. You want cites - do the work yourself!

Please do not over-play the race card. It is not our style not does it benefit us. It is just bad form. When it is perhaps warranted, rest assured it will be well explored.

Yata hey

Yata hey
Pretty sure that was a simple danbus reference