Thread: Bringing the concealed carry reform movement in Southern California

Post imported post

Starting Monday (10-13-08), I will begin wearing my empty holster to school to promote the concealed carry and open carry reform movement in socal and hand out fliers directing people to opencarry.org. If there are any SCCC members attending El Camino or live in the area, I'd be delighted to assist you in your efforts. I've already been talking to students at the school and many are taking interest in their Second Amendment rights. I don't believe wearing a holster violates school policy or any California law, but the last thing I want to do is bring a bad light to the CCW and open carry movement; any heads-up on special California policy would be greatly appreciated! I'll keep you all updated on my progress and experiences.

"All men having power ought to be mistrusted"
    - James Madison

Jason

Post imported post

good luck with your quest be safe

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

It has been a while, but have you actually requested the permission from the Dean of the school? It is my understanding that he can give you permission to actually carry your gun.

I am trying that at ELAC...I am sure they will say no...but can't hurt shouldn't to ask.

VigilanceOfFreedom wrote:
    Starting Monday (10-13-08), I will begin wearing my empty holster to school to promote the concealed carry and open carry reform movement in socal and hand out fliers directing people to opencarry.org. If there are any SCCC members attending El Camino or live in the area, I'd be delighted to assist you in your efforts. I've already been talking to students at the school and many are taking interest in their Second Amendment rights. I don't believe wearing a holster violates school policy or any California law, but the last thing I want to do is bring a bad light to the CCW and open carry movement; any heads-up on special California policy would be greatly appreciated! I'll keep you all updated on my progress and experiences.

"All men having power ought to be mistrusted"
    - James Madison

Jason