• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bringing the concealed carry reform movement in Southern California

VigilanceOfFreedom

imported post

Starting Monday (10-13-08), I will begin wearing my empty holster to school to promote the concealed carry and open carry reform movement in socal and hand out fliers directing people to opencarry.org. If there are any SCCC members attending El Camino or live in the area, I'd be delighted to assist you in your efforts. I've already been talking to students at the school and many are taking interest in their Second Amendment rights. I don't believe wearing a holster violates school policy or any California law, but the last thing I want to do is bring a bad light to the CCW and open carry movement; any heads-up on special California policy would be greatly appreciated! I'll keep you all updated on my progress and experiences.

"All men having power ought to be mistrusted"
- James Madison

Jason

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

It has been a while, but have you actually requested the permission from the Dean of the school? It is my understanding that he can give you permission to actually carry your gun.

I am trying that at ELAC...I am sure they will say no...but [strike]can't hurt[/strike] shouldn't to ask.

VigilanceOfFreedom wrote:
Starting Monday (10-13-08), I will begin wearing my empty holster to school to promote the concealed carry and open carry reform movement in socal and hand out fliers directing people to opencarry.org. If there are any SCCC members attending El Camino or live in the area, I'd be delighted to assist you in your efforts. I've already been talking to students at the school and many are taking interest in their Second Amendment rights. I don't believe wearing a holster violates school policy or any California law, but the last thing I want to do is bring a bad light to the CCW and open carry movement; any heads-up on special California policy would be greatly appreciated! I'll keep you all updated on my progress and experiences.

"All men having power ought to be mistrusted"
- James Madison

Jason