• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Secoma Lanes, Federal Way.

Kildars

imported post

Secoma Lanes
34500 Pacific Hwy S
Federal Way, WA 98003
(253) 927-0611

I went bowling with my girlfriend and her brother and her brothers girlfriend and I was open carrying my XD .45. There was alcohol being served but there was no age requirement unless you wanted to go into the bar. I was carrying fine for the first hour or so then a man named Shawn came over and said I needed to put my firearm in my car. I asked him why and he said, "Because it is against the law." and I said, "No it's not." Then he said "Yes it is, we serve alcohol here and you can not carry where alcohol is served." I responded that the law said "You can't carry where alcohol is served AND you have to be 21 to get in." The guy basically said well I want you to put it in the car so I complied.

I went and put it in my car and asked him if he was the manager and he said no. So I talked to the Superior on duty and he said it's not a written policy but yeah there are no firearms allowed because "guns are bad and we don't need them here unless you're an LEO."

Got the owners name/number and I will call tomorrow to verify policy but I talked to three employees and they all said it was the policy that no firearms are allowed, concealed or open.

I believe it should be added to the DNP.

On another note I went to the 711 in Federal Way on 1st Ave right next to the subway across the street from bally's and the guy was very welcoming saying everyone in his country carried and people in this country get scared for no reason. He was listening to Lars Larson on 770 KTTH. I explained how it's legal and he was overall very welcome and enjoyed the conversation.

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

he said it's not a written policy but yeah there are no firearms allowed because "guns are bad and we don't need them here unless you're an LEO."

I thought of say something like... Yeah I know guns are badthat's why you made me place it in timeout in my car. BAD GUN, BAD GUN!!! I'll make sure I teach him to be a good gun thenext time I take it out with me.

Kildars

imported post

I didn't bowl just for that reason.

Edit: Also, the stupid bartender that was bringing out drinks to everyone. I asked if I could get my GF's brother some more limes for his drink and she's like "You're 21, you can go get it, they're in the bar." I was all "No, I can't." and she basically said yes you can over and over just asking to break state law.

just_a_car

imported post

Kildars wrote:
Confirmed with mike the manager. No firearms allowed.
I would like to point out that this only qualifies it for the Watch List. If you're confused as to why, read the "rules" I set down for the list on the first post of the DNP List thread.

PavePusher

imported post

HankT wrote:
unrequited wrote:
HankT wrote:
Can you bowl with a XD on your hip?
Sure you can, I did last month.

What'd you score?

A strong side gun/holster should get in the way of a good and smooth armswing.
If I was to OC while bowling, I'd probably switch to my lefty Serpa (1911), as I bowl righty. I just took a few practice swings and it definitly gets in the way.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

sailor628 wrote:
If it gets in the way that's fine. A lower bowling score is a small price to pay for liberty and security ;)
True. But it would be too too tempting to have that XD there when you get a ten pin tap after making the first 11 strikes....