• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

An immodest proposal. Legally Armed Citizen notice preceeding Disorderly Conduct charges

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Inexpensive insurance requiring little effort. The value is arguable, let it commence.

The common meaning of facilitate is 'to make easy or easier', therefor being ordinarily armed in advance of a hypothetical act of disorderly conduct removes possession as solely making the hypothetical act easy.

To: Chief of Police, County Sheriff, State Patrol, 'Legal Notices' local newspaper, 'Legal Notices' County Seat newspaper, 'Legal Notices' State Capitol newspaper, 'Legal Notices' major metropolitan newspapers

Subject: Notice of legally armed citizen

References: Wisconsin Constitution Article I Section 25, Wisconsin Statutes Chapter 939.63, Chapter 66.0409

Attached: Photograph, notarized

To whom it may concern;

I am a legally armed citizen appropriately armed in my daily life.

/Signed/
Legally Armed Citizen
Street Address
City, Wisconsin ZIP
and such other identifications as are pleasing to the individual such as Passsport Number or Drivers License or other government identification
Certified Mail, Return Receipt costs $4.70 per addressee

The bottom line, "Your Honor, I did not put my gun on to facilitate the alleged disorderly conduct."

Support The 2nd

imported post

Here's an idea for those of you who want to DO something:

Contact your county board supervisors and re-submit the resolution.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=17914&forum_id=57

Press them to act on it. If they refuse, catch them after a meeting, with video camera running, and ask them why you/me/we have no rights. Then post their answers on You-Tube.

The cost is almost non-existent and because you were asking a question about rights, and did so without a firearm, if they try to quash you that would be a violation of your first (1st) amendment rights.

Will you start by taking this first unarmed stand?