• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Going to California

Parabellum

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Just found out Imgoing to CaliforniaAND Im leaving in a few hours:shock:.While I was packing I came across a rather important letter. Dont let this thread spark discussion of my case as I wont be on for a few days to quell it myself.

Notice of Hearing

Case No. 2008GF000111

This case is scheduled for: Return of Property hearing

11-21-2008

1:30 P.M.

Kevin E. Martens-27, Judge

Safety Building - Room 310

Room 310

821 West State Street

Milwaukee, WI 53233-1425

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Parabellum:
If you or your attorney are not already aware of it the following case may be useful in arguing for the return of your property.

State v Carlos Perez
April 26, 2000
Wis Court of Apppeals
Case No. 99-3108-CR

Parabellum

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Shotgun wrote:
Going to OC in California? :lol: In our dreams, right?
If only I had a gun, I would be UOC. Arrived well. Doug, it was no secret when the hearing was going to happen. Lammie, I'm reading kinda late but Ill look at that case tomorrowand thanks for continuing the research into WI case law, I'm sure we are all benefiting from it.

Parabellum

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Arrived back in Milwaukee last night and spoke with my attorney. My attorney is going to ask for an adjournment of my caseuntil after Vegas Return of propertycase which was remanded by the appellate courts and is scheduled on December 16th(my birthday). So no go on the 21st of November:(. And no hope of getting my gun back before before my birthday:cry:.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Parabellum wrote:
Arrived back in Milwaukee last night and spoke with my attorney. My attorney is going to ask for an adjournment of my caseuntil after Vegas Return of propertycase which was remanded by the appellate courts and is scheduled on December 16th(my birthday). So no go on the 21st of November:(. And no hope of getting my gun back before before my birthday:cry:.
Well that sucks. Can't understand why the delay--- your case is very different from Vegas. I was looking forward to coming in and maybe celebrating over some food after the hearing!

:celebrate

shernandez

imported post

Shotgun wrote:
Parabellum wrote:
Well that sucks. Can't understand why the delay--- your case is very different from Vegas. I was looking forward to coming in and maybe celebrating over some food after the hearing!

:celebrate
I was trying to figure out how yours was similar to Vegas' also. I would have to say that the circumstancesseem very different. But I've only looked at the Vegas case at a glance.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Shotgun wrote:
My thinking is, the the attorney is hoping Vegas gets the firearm back. Vegas WAS charged with an offense, the Judge threw it out. If Vegas, one who was actually used the firearm, and wascharged, can get his firearm back, then certainly Para should be able to get his back as he didn't discharge it nor was he charged.

Just my thinking, and if it gives to much of the game-plan away, let me know and I'll edit remove whatever.