• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NOVA OC TAG!

cmartin7864

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
cmartin7864 wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
cmartin7864 wrote:
I drove past there every night on my way home from work. Only if I could find someone to take the picture...
Maybe if your cellphone has a timer you could place it on the roof of your car in the parking lot?
I don't get off till midnight....I'll see if the lighting is good and if any of the local PD is around...
If there is a cop nearby, ask him to take your picture for you!;)
If it's the one I think it is, I have never had a good experience with the PD there...not OCn but while in HS.

Tomahawk

imported post

Yeah, you don't want to wind up like me! Here's my shot:

maguamugshothr3.jpg

Anyone want to play tag in this location? :p

RedKnightt

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Yeah, you don't want to wind up like me! Here's my shot:

<snip for bandwidth conservation>

Anyone want to play tag in this location? :p

That's funny, I got told that is exactly where I would end up if I carried my gun into a certain county facility last week. I asked if the mugshot camera had a wide angle lens :dude:

--RedKnightt--

Zombie Squad has it right: “We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything.”

cmartin7864

imported post

cmartin7864 wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
cmartin7864 wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
cmartin7864 wrote:
I drove past there every night on my way home from work. Only if I could find someone to take the picture...
Maybe if your cellphone has a timer you could place it on the roof of your car in the parking lot?
I don't get off till midnight....I'll see if the lighting is good and if any of the local PD is around...
If there is a cop nearby, ask him to take your picture for you!;)
If it's the one I think it is, I have never had a good experience with the PD there...not OCn but while in HS.
Nevermind not the one I was thinking of.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator

dyver1

imported post

Route 15 in Leesburg

About 1 mile off Rt 7 on 15 business.

Intersection of South King Street and Catoctin Circle SE

Be Careful Out There

Paul

ed

Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

So here are the rules, please read them all before playing.

1. Grabing the tag. To grab a tag go to the location in the picture and take a picture of yourself OCing in that location. Try to as near as possible replicate the original picture, however if that isn't possible any combination of pictures that show you were there and OCing is permissable. The FIRST to post a picture gets to set the next tag.

2. Set the new tag. Within 36 hours of posting the 'grab' pic a new tag must be set by posting a picture of yourself OCing at a new location. No file pics please. Also all tag locations must meet the following criteria. They must belegal places to OC and not otherwise prohibited to OCers, i.e. subject to any restrictions as to trespassing or violating the property rights of the owners, and the tag must be in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Failure to adhere to these restrictions and tag is immediately available for anybody to set.

3. The Clue: New tags must be accompianied by a clue to the location. Be creative but remember the goal of the game is to keep the chain going so don't make the location too obscure. GPS coordinates can be used if necessary.

4. 3 day rule. In order to give folks faraway in the state a chance and to keep the game fresh, if the tag isn't grabbed within 72 hours of posting it expires. At that point anybody can set a new tag with dibs going to the first poster of a new tag site. This new tag will expire in 72 hours or can be grabbed as per rule 1

5. Spirit of the Game. This game is about showing OCers going about society doing our normal thing. So please no tags in places that could be considered dicey, i.e. don't tag a the local post office or in way thats trying to be in someones face. Also no place dangerous such as the median of a road please. Again, we want to keep the chain going so don't get to far off the beaten path to set a tag. The only reward for playing is kudos for playing a being called a goat if you break the rules or break the chain. So plan your tags accordingly. Final rule, no whining about the rules.

ed

Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

[flash=320,256]http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-countdown/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace Countdowns&flashLABEL=Countdown Clock Codes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-countdown/skins/m4.swf&text=Ed%27s%20TAG%20Expires%20and%20you%0Dcan%20create%20a%20new%20one&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2009&month=4&day=19&hour=18&minute=30&second=0&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash[/flash]

nova

imported post

longwatch wrote:
Very clever clue.
I have an unfair advantage...facebook spoiled it for me. But, it's a bit far for me to drive to so I can't snatch the tag anyways :cool:

nova

imported post

ed wrote:
nova.. have ya played with yer digital recorder?
Sure have! Works great and I was amazed at the quality of the recording when transferred to my laptop.