• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good Family Man Makes BIG Mistake In One Second

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Alexcabbie wrote:
This isn't a gun story although the drive-bys would love to present it so. This is an "If you're a cop you never know when you are dealing with a dangerous nut" story.

Have to agree with Alexcabbie on this one.

Wrong-O, gents.

This is a story about one of us.

Tamarr Minor is one of us. Heis (was) entitled to buy and own a gun, he was entitled to defend himself, and he was entitled to decide how to handle an encroachment into his personal space. He was a gun owner and a believer in 2A.

Our brother Minor made some bad choices. Some really bad choices. As a result, our brother became a goof with a gun.

We take credit for and bask in the glory of a citizen who uses his gun to save himself or do some otherrighteous and heroicact. We do that because such a guy is one of us.So it is with the goofs (those who are LACs) who do stoopid stuff. Like ourbrother Minor.

Tryingthe gambit of "This is not a gun story...." is a pathetic attempt at spin control. And it's easily recognizable as such. Laughable to everyone except the spinners...

"Don't focus on the gun in that story. It could havebeen a baseball bat....an axe...a crowbar....why, it could even have been--a banana!"

LOL.

hoad.jpeg

thorvaldr

imported post

Hank:

Why do you go out of your way to call this guy a "family man" when the article specifically says he lived alone?
Why are you so sure his gun was legally owned, when article doesn't say that?
Why do you think he is a supporter of 2A when article doesn't say that?
Why do you think he's a member of this forum (our brother) when the article doesn't say that?
Why do you think that calling this deranged animal my brother means you can take my gun?
What did I ever do to you?
Why are you so obsessed with bananas?

PT111

imported post

thorvaldr wrote:
Hank:

Why do you go out of your way to call this guy a "family man" when the article specifically says he lived alone?
"He has a good family and he's accomplished a lot of things without a college degree," said Fish.
Why are you so sure his gun was legally owned, when article doesn't say that?
has had no prior brush with the law. I think we could assume that it was legal sonce he had no prior offenses and was not charged with any gun violation other than shooting someone
Since he kept a gun between the cushions of his sofa we could assume that also.
Why do you think he's a member of this forum (our brother) when the article doesn't say that?
I took it as Hank saying that he was a brother in the support of guns and not as a member of any forum.
Why do you think that calling this deranged animal my brother means you can take my gun?
What did I ever do to you?
:celebrate
You brought up some of the same questions I had before I went back and read carefully but may still be missing something. I do think this is OC related and definitely gun related. He could have used a baseball bat or a knife or his fists or whatever but he used a gun. That makes it gun related.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

HankT wrote:
Citizen wrote:
Alexcabbie wrote:
This isn't a gun story although the drive-bys would love to present it so. This is an "If you're a cop you never know when you are dealing with a dangerous nut" story.

Wrong-O, gents.

Tamarr Minor is one of us. Heis (was) entitled to buy and own a gun, he was entitled to defend himself, and he was entitled to decide how to handle an encroachment into his personal space. He was a gun owner and a believer in 2A.

Our brother Minor made some bad choices. Some really bad choices. As a result, our brother became a goof with a gun.

We take credit for and bask in the glory of a citizen who uses his gun to save himself or do some otherrighteous and heroicact. We do that because such a guy is one of us.So it is with the goofs (those who are LACs) who do stoopid stuff. Like ourbrother Minor.

Tryingthe gambit of "This is not a gun story...." is a pathetic attempt at spin control. And it's easily recognizable as such. Laughable to everyone except the spinners...

"Don't focus on the gun in that story. It could havebeen a baseball bat....an axe...a crowbar....why, it could even have been--a banana!"

LOL.

hoad.jpeg
I'll answer that. Once he decided to use his firearm in such a blatantly irrational and illegal manner, at that very moment he crossed the line from being a LAC to being a common violent criminal and chose to no longer be one of us. What he did is far different than a LAC, in a moment of panic and the threat of his or someone else's life, makes a bad decision in the "fog of war".

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
BobCav wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
a 'goof' with a keyboard
LOL, and to you, too, NSL. Getting to be like old times around here. Now we just need to find BobCav. This site's getting interesting, again.
You rang? :monkey

Hay the Gang's all here

good to see you Bob.

Tarzan
Thanks! Still lurking and keeping up. Lot of things have changed. Some haven't...lol

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
I'll answer that. Once he decided to use his firearm in such a blatantly irrational and illegal manner, at that very moment he crossed the line from being a LAC to being a common violent criminal and chose to no longer be one of us. What he did is far different than a LAC, in a moment of panic and the threat of his or someone else's life, makes a bad decision in the "fog of war".
Well said. He, and we, bear the heavy weight of responsibility for our actions. We may hope for legal privilege but we have no hope for the sovereign's immunity.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

HankT wrote:
Wrong-O, gents.

LOL.

Unfortunate, but true. It's an example of a legal, and otherwiselaw abidingfirearm ownerthat snapped in a moment of stress. See, it CAN and DOES happen, and that's how the story will be used by anti's. If you choose to deny that, you've lost touch with reality and that's the exact reason you'll never understand the people you're fighting against (hence not being able to effectively fight them).

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

thorvaldr wrote:
Huh? Hey, do you know what a straw man argument is?

thorvaldr wrote:

Listen, it is better to have a banana than to not have one. A banana, especially one of high caliber, could save your life!

vamp_padre.jpg

thorvaldr

imported post

Clearly, he's a normal law abiding person if his defense attorney saws so.

And no claiming this deranged animal is somehow representative of normal gun owners is a blatant attempt to take my gun. What did I ever do to you?

And really, PT111
Since he kept a gun between the cushions of his sofa we could assume that also.
Somehow having a gun means this deranged animal had some interest in the constitution and citizens rights. I wish having a gun made you a 2A supporter.

"He has a good family and he's accomplished a lot of things without a college degree," said Fish.
In what language does "has a good family" have the same connotation as "family man"?

Tomahawk

imported post

All criminals start out as one of "us". Until they decide not to be one of us, like this fellow here.

Obviously, then, we should all turn in our arms, and submit to heavy restrictions on other freedoms as well. You just never know when HankT and AWDstyles will decide they don't want to be one of "us" anymore.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
All criminals start out as one of "us". Until they decide not to be one of us, like this fellow here.

Obviously, then, we should all turn in our arms, and submit to heavy restrictions on other freedoms as well. You just never know when HankT and AWDstyles will decide they don't want to be one of "us" anymore.
Presumed innocent and presumed equal. Trust and verify.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:

You mean to say that criminals are just law abiding citizens that broke the law? Profound. :quirky

So you are implying that firearm restrictionsDO work because people are people and most people will choose to stay law abiding citizens rather than make the jump to criminal.

All this time I thought that you guys believed that criminals and LAC's were born astwo different life forms.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:

Obviously, then, we should all turn in our arms, and submit to heavy restrictions on other freedoms as well.

What is the linkage to your conclusion here?

It makes no sense at all.

Is it justa typically weak straw man argument? If so, um, OK, you slayed the straw man. Wow.

Gunslinger

imported post

HankT wrote:
Citizen wrote:
Alexcabbie wrote:

Wrong-O, gents.

LOL.

hoad.jpeg
Uh, no joy. Unjustifed shooting by any interpretation. The guy deserves what he gets. Maybe he's related to you, but he's sure as hell not "my brother." Or are you beingfacetious to a fault...:?

thorvaldr

imported post

HankT wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

Obviously, then, we should all turn in our arms, and submit to heavy restrictions on other freedoms as well.

What is the linkage to your conclusion here?

It makes no sense at all.

Is it justa typically weak straw man argument? If so, um, OK, you slayed the straw man. Wow.
Calling your main real agenda a straw man is just dishonest. What was your agenda in presenting this "gun crime" story? Was it teaching us the moral lesson not to gun down in cold blood two human beings when they come to tell you that you have to actually pay rent in order to live in an apartment? We know that.

It is your linkage. By calling this deranged animal my brother and consistently trying to claim his actions are somehow representative of a normal gun owner who "made a mistake" you purposely portray me in a light designed to make a government seizure of my guns seem legitimate. What did I ever do to you, why do you want to take my gun?