• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

carry styles

whoopingllama

imported post

I was just wondering if there was anyone else who use a second separate belt to carry their gun. I was working out in the yard today. I had been inside for most of the day. When I finally ended up having to go outside to get some stuff done, I was already dressed with my jeans and belt on. So, I grabbed another belt, and wore my Beretta 9000 like that. And I must say, it was very comfortable. It didn't feel like one side of my pants were being pulled down the whole time. I was able to move it around to suit what I was doing at the moment.

All that to ask, does or has anyone else OCed using a second belt on top of the other one? Or even carried a revolver, single or double-action, western style as it were?

Just curious.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

I've started carrying with a 2" wide nylon duty belt. I have a velcro pants belt that holds the outer belt in place, but I don't always use it. It is very easy to just slap the belt on and run outside, and it's also convenient during the day when I need to disarm temporarily.

Huck

imported post

I sometimes use a 2"leather belt and western style holster over my pants because I dont like the weight of the pistolon my pants belt. I more ofton carry in a shoulder holster. It dos'nt get in the way, sitting or standing,and I can put it on a lot more easily than the belt rig, I just sling it over my rightshoulder with the pistol under my left armand I'm good to go.