• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Now is the time to join the NRA or renew your membership

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

With everything going on politically, its a good time to join the NRA (and VCDL too!).

We have set up an online form to join the NRA or renew your membership. As a recruiter, we're authorized to do the $10 discount on a one year membership ($25 instead of $35). If you are looking for a gift idea, memberships to either organizations, or both, make great gifts.

http://membership.nrahq.org/default.asp?campaignid=XP019625

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
With everything going on politically, its a good time to join the NRA (and VCDL too!). http://membership.nrahq.org/default.asp?campaignid=XP019625
I missed the VCDL part

moz-screenshot-1.jpg
main_header.jpg
[align=center]NRA Online Memberships and Donations[/align] Join the NRA Renew my NRA Membership Give an NRA Membership to a friend or family member Donate to the NRA Join the NRA's Business Alliance Program [font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san serif"] Member Benefits | Member Services | Members-Only Discounts
Other NRA Websites | Brief History of NRA | Contact | Search
NRA Home Page [/font]
_uacct = "UA-1860837-12"; urchinTracker();

JeffersonDavis

imported post

I just rejoined. I'm like many others who aren't pleased with their cut and run tactics but, we are going to need friends of all kinds to endure the changescoming overthe horizon..

rebfan

imported post

JeffersonDavis wrote:
I just rejoined. I'm like many others who aren't pleased with their cut and run tactics but, we are going to need friends of all kinds to endure the changescoming overthe horizon..
Yup, I agree. Who else is running ads highlighting Obama's dislike of our rights? BTW, I like your aviator.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Every year I pay the membership fee for several new people when they join VCDL.

I will NEVER AGAIN be a part of the NRA.

Hsmith said it pretty well.

I wonder what kind of compromises they will get us with the new AWB :cool:

VCDL does when the NRA plays games.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

hsmith wrote:
I wonder what kind of compromises they will get us with the new AWB :cool:

Favorable.

Highly favorable to all of us in the AR community. The last AWB was a joke. It didn't ban anything significant. It wasa show.

It should have been named the Potemkin assault weapon ban (PAWB).

And that is, of course, only ifthere is enough political support for going through the charade again. An unlikely, highly unlikely event considering the legislative lobbying successes of the NRA. (And GOA, SAF, etc.)

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

If that is an allusion to the Battleship Potemkin uprising then I am positively infinitely impressed. Some one has well spent their time away from us.

The Potemkin mutiny/rebellion is often credited as the spark for the 1917 Russian Revolution. To continue the metaphor, Americans being forced to accept gun control from the right and left is easily analogous to the maggoty meat that led to the mutiny.

The sailors quailed until assembled for execution when they rushed the officers. Nothing more to be lost in the face of execution, the captain and a half-dozen other officers were killed. And Russia joined the Twentieth Century, shedding its feudal chains for the Industrial Revolution.

Forty-five

imported post

HankT wrote:
...The last AWB was a joke. It didn't ban anything significant....
What it did or didn't ban is not the point. It was designed to be one small step to a total ban on firearms and confiscation. The idea was to get the people used to the idea that bans were acceptable and lawful.

JeffersonDavis

imported post

rebfan wrote:
JeffersonDavis wrote:
Yup, I agree. Who else is running ads highlighting Obama's dislike of our rights? BTW, I like your aviator.

Thanks, I also re-up'ed with the GOA too. LETS NOT FORGET THEM, GOA have been on our side and no one could argue about them doing a great job.

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

Bill in VA wrote:
Doug, I believe Hank T's reference to the 1994 AWBas Potmekin-esque is in reference to the Potemkin village fraud allegedly perpetrated upon Empress Catherine II
Ah. OK. My "the NRA-Emperor has no clothes" in other words. Still, an unexpected historic/literary reference.

ETA: Also analogous to DHS as 'security theater'. And for the elucidation of .....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potemkin_village

Believe nothing you read or hear without verifying it yourself unless it fits your pre-existing worldview, or is congruent Weltanschauung.