Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dick's Sporting Goods - Ammo coupon!

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

Dick's has their "buy one, get one 50% off" coupon in the paper today. Good for all ammo. Check it out!
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

Is it only for today?

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

scan and post?
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

Coupon is good through 10/18....its in the sale ads from the Sunday paper.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

flyboyed.com/dicksammo.jpg for full size version

Carry On.

Ed

- - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

I went to the local Dick's about 2 hours ago, and they weren't familiar with the coupon, as it wasn't in the in-store circular.

They did honor it though, even giving me the coupon discount on ammo that was already on sale for 1/2 off. I bought 2 50 rnd boxes of .40cal S&W for $15.98 each, and got 2 more for $7.99 each:celebrate!

I also bought 2 50rnd boxes of .357 mag, 1 @ $22.99:? and 1 @ $11.49.

Post imported post

just curious.. did you print it out? (most take it even though it says no reproduction). It did it's job.. it got you in.

Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

I cut out the one in the Daily Press.

Post imported post

I am gonna head to Dicks at Dulles at around 5:30 to see what I can find. :-) Anyone in the area is welcome to come say hi.
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

OC'ed at Dicks to get some ammo. The Ammo was 19.99 for a box of 45 acp. (the case price was 15.98 per box.. if you bought 10 boxes). I boguth two boxes.. it rang up at 15.98 each and with my coupon it took off 7.99. Which means for 100 rounds of Remington 45 ACP, I paid $23.97 for 100 rounds. Not a bad deal at all.

Thanks for the heads up!

Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

I went up to the Short Pump Dicks and got some ammo with the coupon.

Bought a box of .40 S&W and a box of .357 magnum. Used some Dicks dollars that I had and I ended up getting both boxes for $14.69, plus got 250 more points towards another $10 coupon.

James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

when i worked for dicks years ago, the night before the flyer came out we had to reprice the ammo and if i remeber correctly it already was supposed to ring up half off in the system if more than one box was rung up...man i miss buying 45acp for $10 a box...again this was almost three years ago...oh and fyi for any folks...dealer cost on ammo is sky high now...my experience has told me most dealers around the area have the ammo only marked uponly a fewbucks above cost...for most calibers...one type of ammo i have seen it is only marked up $1.25 per box...damn i miss buying .22 for fifty cents a box..now that stuff is almost $2.50 for dealer cost on some 50 rnd plinker grade stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!what a world we live in.....sigh...maybe like gas 2.78 a gal tonight!!it will also go down...oh and case price is the way to go if you want to save some pennies...a must for reloaders...my new campaign..forget the whales...SAVE THE BRASS!!!!

Post imported post

yup i love this coupon i got over 500.00 dollars worth of ammo when the stony point dicks sold my 4 umc bulk packs of 223 out from under me. i called and reserved them then went to pick them up an the guy told me they had been sold. they then proceeded to sell me the same round count of better grade ammo for the price of the bulk packs.

Post imported post

Good deal I'm running low on ammo (under 300 rounds). Now what to buy is the question.
    AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011
    TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011-?
    Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy
    Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I used the coupon (I printed at work) last night at the Dick's at Dulles Town Center mall. They are also having "case pricing on single box" for Remington UMC in 9mm ($8.98), .40 S&W and .45 ACP($14.98). I used the coupon on some defense ammo.

The sale price on .40 S&W was higher than the Walmart regular price on CC Blazer Brass of $12.48.

Post imported post

useful_idiot wrote:
    I used the coupon (I printed at work) last night at the Dick's at Dulles Town Center mall.
    They had no problem with the printed copy at Dulles? I might go again tomorrow :-)

Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

Now, if they would just carry 10mm ammo.

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

Agent19 wrote:
    Now, if they would just carry 10mm ammo.

I REALLY wish they'd build a Sportsmans Warehouse up in this area. The ones I've gone to in Pittsburgh and in Roanoke both carry 10mm among others.

Post imported post

I do like SMWH.

Full power 10mm gets delivered to my door for less thanI can get it locally.
    I still get a bx of 40SW, 165gr GD/LEfree each month.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

I weep for the children...

Stopped by a local Dick's store last night, coupon in hand. Picked up (well, was handed from behind the counter) two boxes of desired ammo (wanted more, but all they had was 3), took it to the front check-out.

Placed ammo and coupon together on the counter, early 20-something young man scanned them all in. Total price came to what should have been for one box only!

I saw the total, and cautiously asked if that was correct? The guy said yes, that's right, the coupon took 50% off the whole order, so it's "like buy one get one free"...

Well, I'm not going to stand there and argue with him and make a scene, so I took my even further discounted ammo and left... wishing I had picked up that third box after all!

::sigh::

TFred

Post imported post

Thanks for the heads up. The coupon expired tonight. I rushed to Dick's before and closed and got 6 boxes of Remington.45 ball.

75.51 total or 12.585 per box of. Not bad, cheaper than anything oncheaperthandirt.com and I didn't have to pay for the shipping.

I wouldn't have known if I didn't get the heads up.

Thanks!
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

Post imported post

T Dubya wrote:
    Thanks for the heads up. The coupon expired tonight. I rushed to Dick's before and closed and got 6 boxes of Remington.45 ball.

75.51 total or 12.585 per box of. Not bad, cheaper than anything oncheaperthandirt.com and I didn't have to pay for the shipping.

Thanks!
    The fine print says 10/17 for three or four locations, but the large print on the left side margin of the coupon says 10/18 for everywhere else. I'm planning to buy some more from a different store later today (Saturday).

Seems kind of weird, maybe there are some odd ammunition laws in some places?

TFred

Post imported post

T Dubya wrote:

Thanks!
    glad that you could take advantage of the deal!
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

I am gonna see if they still take the coupon today (printed out)
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

They did honor it.. when I asked them how the coupon applies.. they explained "The system just does it".. So here is what the system did for me whan I bought 4 boxes of $19.99 ammo today (with the coupon).

<shrug>

Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast