• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dumfries Walmart

wheelerXD

imported post

So my wife and I were at thewalmart on route 1 in dumfires like a hour ago both of us were OCing and the greeter came up to my wife and said she can't be in the store with her "revolver"( she was carrying her xd) and that the manager wanted us to talk to him so both of us went up to customer service and he came out and he asked if we we're police or military and then stated the only people allowed in the store are police that are in uniform and i tried explaining to him what walmart's policy is and he said it doesn't matter because that stores policy is only uniformed police are allowed to carry in there but he would allow us to continue to shop there today but after that we were not to carry our "revolvers" in the store anymore and they mainley directed all of this towards my wife and not me and their main reasoning behind it was it might make the customers nervous. and i've been going to this walmart for bout the last month ocing and not had a single problem until today

sorry for any mispelling and my shi**y grammer

hsmith

imported post

wheelerXD wrote:
So my wife and I were at thewalmart on route 1 in dumfires like a hour ago both of us were OCing and the greeter came up to my wife and said she can't be in the store with her "revolver"( she was carrying her xd) and that the manager wanted us to talk to him so both of us went up to customer service and he came out and he asked if we we're police or military and then stated the only people allowed in the store are police that are in uniform and i tried explaining to him what walmart's policy is and he said it doesn't matter because that stores policy is only uniformed police are allowed to carry in there but he would allow us to continue to shop there today but after that we were not to carry our "revolvers" in the store anymore and they mainley directed all of this towards my wife and not me and their main reasoning behind it was it might make the customers nervous. and i've been going to this walmart for bout the last month ocing and not had a single problem until today

Go up the chain of command, walmarts policy IS to follow state law, store managers aren't allowed to be their own dictators.

Walmart cares about making money, if the manager isn't concerned with that then they are poor managers. Honestly you should have not shopped and left. District/regional managers will be more sympathetic to your story.

If you spend $1000 a year there, they are losing $50,000 over your lifetime - that is a lot of money... That is what higher ups at Wal*Mart care about.

W.E.G.

imported post

I hope you got the name of the manager.

Report it up the chain of command until this manager is set straight for certain.

DocDaddy

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
Seems you really don't have a problem, anyway. According to your report of the incident, the specifically said "revolvers". If you carry a pistol, you are in the clear and need not worry about their suggestion.
Now that IS funny!!! :lol::lol:

wheelerXD

imported post

well today my wife decided she wanted to go back to the wal mart and oc there againand we both oc'ed and didn't have any problems other then people given her really strange looks but it really seems like the only problems we have is people not liking her carrying

Bullbuster

imported post

wheelerXD wrote:
SNIP- seems like the only problems we have is people not liking her carrying

What do people have against a woman carrying. Women DO know how to handle a gun.

I for one find a gun loving/ carryingwomen to be very attractive and sexy.:celebrate

Neplusultra

imported post

DocDaddy wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:
Seems you really don't have a problem, anyway. According to your report of the incident, the specifically said "revolvers". If you carry a pistol, you are in the clear and need not worry about their suggestion.
Now that IS funny!!! :lol::lol:
But really you'd have to first ask the manager, "So it's ok as long as I don't carry a revolver". But even a Walmart manager would probably figure that one out.

Neplusultra

imported post

Bullbuster wrote:
wheelerXD wrote:
SNIP- seems like the only problems we have is people not liking her carrying

What do people have against a woman carrying. Women DO know how to handle a gun.

I for one find a gun loving/ carryingwomen to be very attractive and sexy.:celebrate
Especially one that is not afraid to "advance while firing" ala Jeanne Assam. Wow, what a woman. She fulfills the idea of a helpmate, IMO.

nitrovic

imported post

wheelerXD wrote:

I'd carry an SKS in that area. If you read the Potomac News they have had some "issues" as of late.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

hsmith wrote:
...SNIP
If you spend $1000 a year there, they are losing $50,000 over your lifetime - that is a lot of money... That is what higher ups at Wal*Mart care about.

WHOA!! I hope I get to live a lot longer than 50 years!! Though if I do I hope I get smart enough not to spend that much money at Walmart.:banghead:

Regards