Thread: Car carry

Post imported post

Hello heading into AZ for a CMP shoot this week and need info on car carry. I have a NV and Utah CCW.

Thanks

Post imported post

AZ honors both Nevada's and Utah's permit so you can carry any way you want in your vehicle. Be careful if you cross into Indian land though, they have different rules.

Post imported post

dang, you beat me to it.

Post imported post

If you stay on highways through indian land you are shield. Just plan it so you dont stop to get gas on the reservation.

Post imported post

In case you're interested, these are the open carry laws for within a car: Either in plain sight, or in the glove compartment or center console. In a holster (that's not covered) on your body is considered in plain sight. Or of course, you can carry it in the trunk. It CAN be loaded, including having a round in the chamber.

Post imported post

Slayer of Paper wrote:
    In a holster (that's not covered) on your body is considered in plain sight.
    Since a belt holster on the body really isn't visible from outside the vehicle (and would be hidden by the seatbelt) then it's concealed according to case law (Adams, Moerman.)

Post imported post

like_the_roman wrote:
    Slayer of Paper wrote:
    Since a belt holster on the body really isn't visible from outside the vehicle (and would be hidden by the seatbelt) then it's concealed according to case law (Adams, Moerman.)
    I wouldn't say "is concealed," I'd say, "could be considered concealed." I've never met a cop who would consider it concealed, and I carry on my hip in my car all the time.

Post imported post

like_the_roman wrote:
    Slayer of Paper wrote:
    I'm not lawyer, so I admit I may have missed some nuances in Adams, but in Moerman, both defendants were carrying in fanny packs. Anyone can see that carrying a gun in a fanny pack is concealed, and is completely different than carrying in a holster that does not hide the firearm.