• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Car carry

like_the_roman

imported post

AZ honors both Nevada's and Utah's permit so you can carry any way you want in your vehicle. Be careful if you cross into Indian land though, they have different rules.

bbvk05

imported post

If you stay on highways through indian land you are shield. Just plan it so you dont stop to get gas on the reservation.

Slayer of Paper

imported post

In case you're interested, these are the open carry laws for within a car: Either in plain sight, or in the glove compartment or center console. In a holster (that's not covered) on your body is considered in plain sight. Or of course, you can carry it in the trunk. It CAN be loaded, including having a round in the chamber.

like_the_roman

imported post

Slayer of Paper wrote:
In a holster (that's not covered) on your body is considered in plain sight.

Since a belt holster on the body really isn't visible from outside the vehicle (and would be hidden by the seatbelt) then it's concealed according to case law (Adams, Moerman.)

mzbk2l

imported post

like_the_roman wrote:
Slayer of Paper wrote:

Since a belt holster on the body really isn't visible from outside the vehicle (and would be hidden by the seatbelt) then it's concealed according to case law (Adams, Moerman.)
I wouldn't say "is concealed," I'd say, "could be considered concealed." I've never met a cop who would consider it concealed, and I carry on my hip in my car all the time.

Slayer of Paper

imported post

like_the_roman wrote:
Slayer of Paper wrote:

I'm not lawyer, so I admit I may have missed some nuances in Adams, but in Moerman, both defendants were carrying in fanny packs. Anyone can see that carrying a gun in a fanny pack is concealed, and is completely different than carrying in a holster that does not hide the firearm.