• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

questions... possible moving from Utah to Washington.

utahglock

imported post

My questions are as follows...

Here in utah it is legal to OC without a permit so as long as thier is no ammunition with in two steps of firing "no chambered round" but can have a full magizine. however some states this is not legal. how is OC allowed or under what rules in washington ?

Also in utah High Caps mags are allowed for civilians. however some states that is illegal what is the law in Washington ?

can a person in washington OC at or on a BUS ? Train ? it is not legal here in utah.

and what does the locals ? and local law enforcement think of OC ? are the supporitive ?

and lastly. I see in washington no machine guns are allowed. are their any caliber restrictions ? or banned guns such as desert eagle ?

Tawnos

imported post

Cocked, locked, and ready to rock with a high-cap magazine is fully legal for OC here.

Carrying in a vehicle is considered "concealed" and requires a CPL - shall issue.

No banned guns (cept autos) as far as I know.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

#1 - Fully loaded, cocked and locked. There is no law against OC, thus making it legal. Issues with OC will most likely revolve around RCW 9.41.270(1) should an issue arrive.

#2 - Hi cap mags are legal & carry as many rounds as your weapon can hold and as many as you can safely carry on your person.

#3 - To carry loaded in a vehicle (car, bus, train, ferry) one must have a CPL. See RCW 9.41.050

#4 - We have our glitches now and again but for the most part (IMHO) OC is welcomed.

#5 - No fully auto weapons, See RCW 9.41.190. No restrictions on the size of the pistol you want to carry, if you want to carry a BFR 45/70 or S&W 500 on your hip you are welcomed to do so.

IANAL & IANYL

just_a_car

imported post

Utahglock, those before me have been very kind in answering your questions.

Unlike those people, I'm going to say this: Please read the FAQ at the top of the forum... it's stickied there to answer questions like these so we don't have to fill up the board with questions like these.

bluer1

imported post

SBR's are also not legal in WA...unfortunately...(I'm an MP5 fan)

John Hardin

imported post

Also print off a copy of the Washington Gun Rights pamphlet, the Washington Gun Laws pamphlet, and the training bulletins pamphlet. That should explain everything pretty clearly and thoroughly.

utahglock

imported post

ah thanks for pointing out the FAQ, i missed it saw the pamphlet thing.

so my understanding is so as long as one recieves a CPL they can carry loaded on a bus OC. however what if its unloaded ? how is unloaded defined ? here in utah unloaded is two steps from firing.. so lets say in glock, nothing in chamber, as you have to rack, and pull trigger thus your two steps.

some stats define unload as no magizine in the firearm, wereas others like utah have 2 step loaded/unloaded definitions.

thanks again for the help.

also can anyone tell me via PM , what the average price for an apartment might be in the seattle area ?

my husband and I plan on moving in about 5-6 months time. thanks for all the help.

joeroket

imported post

utahglock wrote:
ah thanks for pointing out the FAQ, i missed it saw the pamphlet thing.

so my understanding is so as long as one recieves a CPL they can carry loaded on a bus OC. however what if its unloaded ? how is unloaded defined ? here in utah unloaded is two steps from firing.. so lets say in glock, nothing in chamber, as you have to rack, and pull trigger thus your two steps.

some stats define unload as no magizine in the firearm, wereas others like utah have 2 step loaded/unloaded definitions.

thanks again for the help.

also can anyone tell me via PM , what the average price for an apartment might be in the seattle area ?

my husband and I plan on moving in about 5-6 months time. thanks for all the help.
Loaded here is defined as have a round in the chamber, having a magazine with rounds in it locked in place in the firearm, or having rounds in the cylinder of a revolver. There is some debate among some of the people that it must be unloaded and cased without a CPL.

Pm sent about apartments.