Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accidental meet at Target

Post imported post

Ran errands all this afternoon, from Port Orchard up to Kingston and back. OC the entire time, and only one question (the ever-popular "Is that a 9mm?" ... why is that always the assumed caliber, anyway???).
    Then I got to Target in Silverdale, and as I'm walking in a young gentleman makes eye contact with me, then approaches to ask my name. We trade basic info, and it turns out it's MadHatter, out for a Sunday stroll. He called himself out as not OC-ing today. "I'm covered" he says.
    Well, anyway, not much of a story, but it was nice to run into a fellow OC-er, and it's always nice when nobody freaks out about the new MWAG in town.

On another note, blew through 500 or so rounds of .45 and .40 up at PSC today. Mostly testing out the new Sig GSR I bought on Friday. Wonderful gun, and it worked beautifully straight out of the box. Had to smile at the guy a few stalls down that was cursing at his Kimber. Ah, well. It's late and I'm rambling on, so "Good night, everyone"

Post imported post

Nivek wrote:
    (the ever-popular "Is that a 9mm?" ... why is that always the assumed caliber, anyway???).
    Edit: Removed upon request.

Post imported post

And for being an offensive ahole? Seriously, think about the message you're sending with pictures like that. We're a community that already has to deal with a negative public perception, don't reinforce that.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Post imported post

Yeah......that joke has been played out in multiple ways and with different sayings, but yours is by far, the most offensive and unnecessary I've seen so far. Grow up.

Post imported post

Was good to see someone out and about... I cover up when I am out with the wife, she asked me to, and I respect that... She just doesn't want to get caught in the middle of whatever drama people might start, and that is my torch to carry not hers so I cover... What is funny about it is that my wife kept walking to the car, and then asked me who I was talking to... She said she didn't see the gun on your hip...

Was good to run into someone and put a face to a name... Hope to see more of us out and about...

Post imported post

So could you edit the picture to remove the offending word and put it back up? Shouldn't be hard.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar

Post imported post

codegeek2004 wrote:
    Nivek wrote:
    (the ever-popular "Is that a 9mm?" ... why is that always the assumed caliber, anyway???).
    sorry for going off topic and the language
    Speak metric? HA HA HA HA HA!!!

Can't count, either.

Post imported post

In this case the spelling is a problem, as the term only has one "g".

A fagot is an obsolete term for 'pieces of wood wrapped in a bundle'. Even the contraction, "***" is short for wood bundle. In England, it is slang for cigarette.

Actually, I would recommend the expression used by our children; as in "That's so gay." instead of fagot.

In this case, for example: "9mm, that's so gay".

The homosexuals have been able to intimidate non-homosexuals to the point that we fear our own language and that old men who carry guns at their sides fear to speak what our children say openly.

Post imported post

I want to apologize to anyone that I offended, the image was meant to be a light hearted response to the question that someone asked Nivek.

Post imported post

The new Sig GSR!?!? Is that a 600cc or a 1000cc? (j/k, sport bike joke)

Post imported post

Nivek wrote:
    Ran errands all this afternoon, from Port Orchard up to Kingston and back. OC the entire time, and only one question (the ever-popular "Is that a 9mm?" ... why is that always the assumed caliber, anyway???).

Cause its a very widelyused caliber around the world. Most people who are just learning or have never touch a gun know about 9mm.

Plus its the best caliber in the WORLD!!!!

Post imported post

PolskiG wrote:
    Nivek wrote:

Cause its a very widelyused caliber around the world. Most people who are just learning or have never touch a gun know about 9mm.

Plus its the best caliber in the WORLD!!!!
    IMHO, .308 closely followed by 6.5mm is the best caliber in the world. If we're talking just for handguns, I'd have to go with 40 S&W as an all arounder. More stopping power than 9mm + it doesn't over penetrate, Lighter pistol that the .45 and cheaper ammo. Long range pistol, I'd go .454 Mag or .223 PL6. Just sayin'

Post imported post

Whats the big deal about language? Its a free country and as we have the right to carry he has the right to speak his mind even if it does offend someone on this board.

I see allot of things posted here than are sure to offend people yet depending on who it is coming from it never gets noticed so maybe we all need to step back and look at who scares who here.

Post imported post

Wheelgunner wrote:

A fagot is an obsolete term for 'pieces of wood wrapped in a bundle'. Even the contraction, "***" is short for wood bundle. In England, it is slang for cigarette.

Actually, I would recommend the expression used by our children; as in "That's so gay." instead of fagot.

The homosexuals have been able to intimidate non-homosexuals to the point that we fear our own language and that old men who carry guns at their sides fear to speak what our children say openly.

Has nothing to do with being intimidated or fearing to speak openly. It's a matter of growing up in a community with gay friends and people around me, knowing that they face violent threats simply due to their sexual orientation.

Jarhead, this applies to you too: the big deal about language is that words in context have meaning, sometimes violent meaning. The terms "gay" and "***[g]ot" used to describe people comes from a back-end of violent oppression. Though you (wheelgunner) claim that it's just pieces of wood or a cigarette, you miss the implication that the people being called such are only good for burning.

Codegeek: Thank you for removing the image. Might I suggest a photoshop that says "wusses" instead? Us 9mm carriers do appreciate a good laugh
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Post imported post

Tawnos wrote:
    Wheelgunner wrote:

Has nothing to do with being intimidated or fearing to speak openly. It's a matter of growing up in a community with gay friends and people around me, knowing that they face violent threats simply due to their sexual orientation.

Jarhead, this applies to you too: the big deal about language is that words in context have meaning, sometimes violent meaning. The terms "gay" and "***[g]ot" used to describe people comes from a back-end of violent oppression. Though you (wheelgunner) claim that it's just pieces of wood or a cigarette, you miss the implication that the people being called such are only good for burning.

Codegeek: Thank you for removing the image. Might I suggest a photoshop that says "wusses" instead? Us 9mm carriers do appreciate a good laugh
    As someone who hails from Wusstonia I find this term offensive.
    "Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world." ~ Musashi

Post imported post

gsx1138 wrote:
    As someone who listens to 1490 W.U.S.S.-AM I find this amusing

Post imported post

David.Car wrote:
    gsx1138 wrote:
    Haha, I actually listen to Air America and 770. Yes, paradox is fun.
    "Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world." ~ Musashi

Post imported post

People use these terms without knowing the meanings. The other day I heard the news mention that Palins husband was part Eskimo. That is as offensive to a Native Alaskan as any other racial determination, yet not a word of it coming back to bite them for using it.

Post imported post

Triple Tap wrote:
    People use these terms without knowing the meanings. The other day I heard the news mention that Palins husband was part Eskimo. That is as offensive to a Native Alaskan as any other racial determination, yet not a word of it coming back to bite them for using it.
    In Canada and Greenland[3][/sup][4][/sup][5][/sup][6][/sup] the term Eskimo is widely held to be pejorative[3][/sup][7][/sup] and has fallen out of favor, largely supplanted by the term Inuit. However, while Inuit describes all of the Eskimo peoples in Canada and Greenland, that is not true in Alaska and Siberia. In Alaska the term Eskimo is commonly used, because it includes both Yupik and Inupiat, while Inuit is not accepted as a collective term or even specifically used for Inupiat (which technically is Inuit).
    Wikipedia

Post imported post

gsx1138 wrote:
    David.Car wrote:
    gsx1138 wrote:
    I don't listen to anything because its all Jewish controlled media

Post imported post

PolskiG wrote:
    gsx1138 wrote:
    David.Car wrote:
    gsx1138 wrote:
    +1....

Post imported post

PolskiG wrote:
    i hope you are kidding. If you are serious have you considered the ramifications of portraying gun owners as anti-semites? Who do you suppose the average joe thinks of when he hears anti-Jewish comments? Skinheads and nazis, of course.

Post imported post

heresolong wrote:
    PolskiG wrote:
    i hope you are kidding. If you are serious have you considered the ramifications of portraying gun owners as anti-semites? Who do you suppose the average joe thinks of when he hears anti-Jewish comments? Skinheads and nazis, of course.
    To be honest, anything portraying anything negative with the "j" word involved is automatically considered anti-semitism whether it is true or not in today's PC world. To not agree with the policies of ANY group and to be suspect of ulterior motives defines us as Americans. Whether we disagree with a political party, anti-gun activists, or a country like Israel, does not make one hateful of them.

Considering the ramifications of open carrying, what do you think the average person thinks when they see you? Is it legal? Yes. Do you have the right to do it? Yes. Do they know that? Not likely, so they start forming an opinion that is of a negative characteristic (replace nazi with columbine shooter) completely unfounded. But that is also THEIR right to an opinion, and it's going to happen.

Post imported post

heresolong wrote:
    PolskiG wrote:
    No I'm not kidding, I don't say things to kid around.What I said was not hateful because I believeit is a fact which is my entitled opinion. Look it up, open your eyes a bit, hopefully you'll see what a good number of intelligent gentiles already know, its not just the media "heresolong."Try to find something in my original post that was hateful.Its my right not as a American but as a world citizen tolike or dislike any race, gender, orientation or religionI chose. The nice thingis I have chosen to like or accept most all people (accept child-predators). Please don't come here and tell mewhats going to happen if I say this or say that. Actaully I'm sorry, you do have a right to say anything you want to me. I just realized I contradicted myself.

Post imported post

I just find it amusing that anyone would think that something as vague as "The Media" is or can be controlled by anyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast