Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 40

Thread: Accidental meet at Target

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Port Orchard, Washington, USA
    Posts
    43

    Post imported post

    Ran errands all this afternoon, from Port Orchard up to Kingston and back. OC the entire time, and only one question (the ever-popular "Is that a 9mm?" ... why is that always the assumed caliber, anyway???).
    Then I got to Target in Silverdale, and as I'm walking in a young gentleman makes eye contact with me, then approaches to ask my name. We trade basic info, and it turns out it's MadHatter, out for a Sunday stroll. He called himself out as not OC-ing today. "I'm covered" he says.
    Well, anyway, not much of a story, but it was nice to run into a fellow OC-er, and it's always nice when nobody freaks out about the new MWAG in town.

    On another note, blew through 500 or so rounds of .45 and .40 up at PSC today. Mostly testing out the new Sig GSR I bought on Friday. Wonderful gun, and it worked beautifully straight out of the box. Had to smile at the guy a few stalls down that was cursing at his Kimber. Ah, well. It's late and I'm rambling on, so "Good night, everyone"

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Washington, United States
    Posts
    16

    Post imported post

    Nivek wrote:
    (the ever-popular "Is that a 9mm?" ... why is that always the assumed caliber, anyway???).
    Edit: Removed upon request.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,546

    Post imported post

    And for being an offensive ahole? Seriously, think about the message you're sending with pictures like that. We're a community that already has to deal with a negative public perception, don't reinforce that.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

  4. #4
    Regular Member compmanio365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pierce County, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,013

    Post imported post

    Yeah......that joke has been played out in multiple ways and with different sayings, but yours is by far, the most offensive and unnecessary I've seen so far. Grow up.

  5. #5
    Regular Member MadHatter66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Poulsbo, Kitsap County, Washington, USA
    Posts
    320

    Post imported post

    Was good to see someone out and about... I cover up when I am out with the wife, she asked me to, and I respect that... She just doesn't want to get caught in the middle of whatever drama people might start, and that is my torch to carry not hers so I cover... What is funny about it is that my wife kept walking to the car, and then asked me who I was talking to... She said she didn't see the gun on your hip...

    Was good to run into someone and put a face to a name... Hope to see more of us out and about...

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Blaine, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,315

    Post imported post

    So could you edit the picture to remove the offending word and put it back up? Shouldn't be hard.

  7. #7
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lynnwood, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,238

    Post imported post

    codegeek2004 wrote:
    Nivek wrote:
    (the ever-popular "Is that a 9mm?" ... why is that always the assumed caliber, anyway???).
    sorry for going off topic and the language
    Speak metric? HA HA HA HA HA!!!

    Can't count, either.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kingston, Washington, USA
    Posts
    343

    Post imported post

    In this case the spelling is a problem, as the term only has one "g".

    A fagot is an obsolete term for 'pieces of wood wrapped in a bundle'. Even the contraction, "***" is short for wood bundle. In England, it is slang for cigarette.

    Actually, I would recommend the expression used by our children; as in "That's so gay." instead of fagot.

    In this case, for example: "9mm, that's so gay".

    The homosexuals have been able to intimidate non-homosexuals to the point that we fear our own language and that old men who carry guns at their sides fear to speak what our children say openly.



  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Washington, United States
    Posts
    16

    Post imported post

    I want to apologize to anyone that I offended, the image was meant to be a light hearted response to the question that someone asked Nivek.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    160

    Post imported post

    The new Sig GSR!?!? Is that a 600cc or a 1000cc? (j/k, sport bike joke)

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bellevue, Washington, USA
    Posts
    239

    Post imported post

    Nivek wrote:
    Ran errands all this afternoon, from Port Orchard up to Kingston and back. OC the entire time, and only one question (the ever-popular "Is that a 9mm?" ... why is that always the assumed caliber, anyway???).

    Cause its a very widelyused caliber around the world. Most people who are just learning or have never touch a gun know about 9mm.

    Plus its the best caliber in the WORLD!!!!


  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    160

    Post imported post

    PolskiG wrote:
    Nivek wrote:
    Ran errands all this afternoon, from Port Orchard up to Kingston and back. OC the entire time, and only one question (the ever-popular "Is that a 9mm?" ... why is that always the assumed caliber, anyway???).

    Cause its a very widelyused caliber around the world. Most people who are just learning or have never touch a gun know about 9mm.

    Plus its the best caliber in the WORLD!!!!
    IMHO, .308 closely followed by 6.5mm is the best caliber in the world. If we're talking just for handguns, I'd have to go with 40 S&W as an all arounder. More stopping power than 9mm + it doesn't over penetrate, Lighter pistol that the .45 and cheaper ammo. Long range pistol, I'd go .454 Mag or .223 PL6. Just sayin'

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington, USA
    Posts
    539

    Post imported post

    Whats the big deal about language? Its a free country and as we have the right to carry he has the right to speak his mind even if it does offend someone on this board.

    I see allot of things posted here than are sure to offend people yet depending on who it is coming from it never gets noticed so maybe we all need to step back and look at who scares who here.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,546

    Post imported post

    Wheelgunner wrote:
    In this case the spelling is a problem, as the term only has one "g".

    A fagot is an obsolete term for 'pieces of wood wrapped in a bundle'. Even the contraction, "***" is short for wood bundle. In England, it is slang for cigarette.

    Actually, I would recommend the expression used by our children; as in "That's so gay." instead of fagot.

    In this case, for example: "9mm, that's so gay".

    The homosexuals have been able to intimidate non-homosexuals to the point that we fear our own language and that old men who carry guns at their sides fear to speak what our children say openly.

    Has nothing to do with being intimidated or fearing to speak openly. It's a matter of growing up in a community with gay friends and people around me, knowing that they face violent threats simply due to their sexual orientation.

    Jarhead, this applies to you too: the big deal about language is that words in context have meaning, sometimes violent meaning. The terms "gay" and "***[g]ot" used to describe people comes from a back-end of violent oppression. Though you (wheelgunner) claim that it's just pieces of wood or a cigarette, you miss the implication that the people being called such are only good for burning.

    Codegeek: Thank you for removing the image. Might I suggest a photoshop that says "wusses" instead? Us 9mm carriers do appreciate a good laugh
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

  15. #15
    Regular Member gsx1138's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bremerton, Washington, United States
    Posts
    884

    Post imported post

    Tawnos wrote:
    Wheelgunner wrote:
    In this case the spelling is a problem, as the term only has one "g".

    A fagot is an obsolete term for 'pieces of wood wrapped in a bundle'. Even the contraction, "***" is short for wood bundle. In England, it is slang for cigarette.

    Actually, I would recommend the expression used by our children; as in "That's so gay." instead of fagot.

    In this case, for example: "9mm, that's so gay".

    The homosexuals have been able to intimidate non-homosexuals to the point that we fear our own language and that old men who carry guns at their sides fear to speak what our children say openly.

    Has nothing to do with being intimidated or fearing to speak openly. It's a matter of growing up in a community with gay friends and people around me, knowing that they face violent threats simply due to their sexual orientation.

    Jarhead, this applies to you too: the big deal about language is that words in context have meaning, sometimes violent meaning. The terms "gay" and "***[g]ot" used to describe people comes from a back-end of violent oppression. Though you (wheelgunner) claim that it's just pieces of wood or a cigarette, you miss the implication that the people being called such are only good for burning.

    Codegeek: Thank you for removing the image. Might I suggest a photoshop that says "wusses" instead? Us 9mm carriers do appreciate a good laugh
    As someone who hails from Wusstonia I find this term offensive.
    "Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world." ~ Musashi

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Spokane, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,268

    Post imported post

    gsx1138 wrote:
    As someone who hails from Wusstonia I find this term offensive.
    As someone who listens to 1490 W.U.S.S.-AM I find this amusing

  17. #17
    Regular Member gsx1138's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bremerton, Washington, United States
    Posts
    884

    Post imported post

    David.Car wrote:
    gsx1138 wrote:
    As someone who hails from Wusstonia I find this term offensive.
    As someone who listens to 1490 W.U.S.S.-AM I find this amusing
    Haha, I actually listen to Air America and 770. Yes, paradox is fun.
    "Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world." ~ Musashi

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    295

    Post imported post

    People use these terms without knowing the meanings. The other day I heard the news mention that Palins husband was part Eskimo. That is as offensive to a Native Alaskan as any other racial determination, yet not a word of it coming back to bite them for using it.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Blaine, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,315

    Post imported post

    Triple Tap wrote:
    People use these terms without knowing the meanings. The other day I heard the news mention that Palins husband was part Eskimo. That is as offensive to a Native Alaskan as any other racial determination, yet not a word of it coming back to bite them for using it.
    In Canada and Greenland[3][/sup][4][/sup][5][/sup][6][/sup] the term Eskimo is widely held to be pejorative[3][/sup][7][/sup] and has fallen out of favor, largely supplanted by the term Inuit. However, while Inuit describes all of the Eskimo peoples in Canada and Greenland, that is not true in Alaska and Siberia. In Alaska the term Eskimo is commonly used, because it includes both Yupik and Inupiat, while Inuit is not accepted as a collective term or even specifically used for Inupiat (which technically is Inuit).
    Wikipedia

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bellevue, Washington, USA
    Posts
    239

    Post imported post

    gsx1138 wrote:
    David.Car wrote:
    gsx1138 wrote:
    As someone who hails from Wusstonia I find this term offensive.
    As someone who listens to 1490 W.U.S.S.-AM I find this amusing
    Haha, I actually listen to Air America and 770. Yes, paradox is fun.
    I don't listen to anything because its all Jewish controlled media

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    160

    Post imported post

    PolskiG wrote:
    gsx1138 wrote:
    David.Car wrote:
    gsx1138 wrote:
    As someone who hails from Wusstonia I find this term offensive.
    As someone who listens to 1490 W.U.S.S.-AM I find this amusing
    Haha, I actually listen to Air America and 770. Yes, paradox is fun.
    I don't listen to anything because its all Jewish controlled media
    +1....

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Blaine, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,315

    Post imported post

    PolskiG wrote:
    I don't listen to anything because its all Jewish controlled media
    i hope you are kidding. If you are serious have you considered the ramifications of portraying gun owners as anti-semites? Who do you suppose the average joe thinks of when he hears anti-Jewish comments? Skinheads and nazis, of course.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    160

    Post imported post

    heresolong wrote:
    PolskiG wrote:
    I don't listen to anything because its all Jewish controlled media
    i hope you are kidding. If you are serious have you considered the ramifications of portraying gun owners as anti-semites? Who do you suppose the average joe thinks of when he hears anti-Jewish comments? Skinheads and nazis, of course.
    To be honest, anything portraying anything negative with the "j" word involved is automatically considered anti-semitism whether it is true or not in today's PC world. To not agree with the policies of ANY group and to be suspect of ulterior motives defines us as Americans. Whether we disagree with a political party, anti-gun activists, or a country like Israel, does not make one hateful of them.

    Considering the ramifications of open carrying, what do you think the average person thinks when they see you? Is it legal? Yes. Do you have the right to do it? Yes. Do they know that? Not likely, so they start forming an opinion that is of a negative characteristic (replace nazi with columbine shooter) completely unfounded. But that is also THEIR right to an opinion, and it's going to happen.

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bellevue, Washington, USA
    Posts
    239

    Post imported post

    heresolong wrote:
    PolskiG wrote:
    I don't listen to anything because its all Jewish controlled media
    i hope you are kidding. If you are serious have you considered the ramifications of portraying gun owners as anti-semites? Who do you suppose the average joe thinks of when he hears anti-Jewish comments? Skinheads and nazis, of course.
    No I'm not kidding, I don't say things to kid around.What I said was not hateful because I believeit is a fact which is my entitled opinion. Look it up, open your eyes a bit, hopefully you'll see what a good number of intelligent gentiles already know, its not just the media "heresolong."Try to find something in my original post that was hateful.Its my right not as a American but as a world citizen tolike or dislike any race, gender, orientation or religionI chose. The nice thingis I have chosen to like or accept most all people (accept child-predators). Please don't come here and tell mewhats going to happen if I say this or say that. Actaully I'm sorry, you do have a right to say anything you want to me. I just realized I contradicted myself.

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Centennial, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    1,412

    Post imported post

    I just find it amusing that anyone would think that something as vague as "The Media" is or can be controlled by anyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •