• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TidewaterOctober OC Dining Out

ODA 226

imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
We had 18 people make it to the Open Carry Dining Out tonight. A really great place to eat, super food, great waitresses, and the proprietor stopped by several times and asked us to please come back. The Green Parrot Grille is definitely two thumbs up!!!
The 24 oz Porterhouse was "two snaps up in a circle"! Had a great time and it was nice to meet such nice people!

darthmord

imported post

Yep. Good time was had. Got to talk with a couple of folks and learned quite a bit about current happenings and things to watch out for. Also got to hear some 'tales from the trenches' with regards to different experiences with local government and law enforcement agencies.

My wife & I had a great time and hope to make the next one.

The only issue (minor one at that)we had was on our way into the restaurant a lady sitting in the open air patio insisted we could not legally carry our guns into the restaurant; that it was against VA law. She went on to cite that her brother-in-law who works as a bouncer can't carry a gun at the bar he works in. I pointed out to her that VA state law says otherwise and that she may want re-read it. I also told her that if she felt that strongly about it, to take it to the management / owners of the restaurant.

After that, I told her to have a good evening.

Bubba Ron

imported post

darthmord wrote:
The only issue (minor one at that)we had was on our way into the restaurant a lady sitting in the open air patio insisted we could not legally carry our guns into the restaurant; that it was against VA law. She went on to cite that her brother-in-law who works as a bouncer can't carry a gun at the bar he works in. I pointed out to her that VA state law says otherwise and that she may want re-read it. I also told her that if she felt that strongly about it, to take it to the management / owners of the restaurant.

After that, I told her to have a good evening.
Yea, unfortunately there are still a LOT of sheep out there!!! They don't know the law, but they're quick to tell you their version....you did a great job....and Laurie (the proprietor) said she spoke to those nay-sayers and told them we were welcome in her place anytime!!! I think Jean & I are going back Sunday morning for breakfast!!!

darthmord

imported post

Because I was unaware the dining out that coincided with the council meeting was counted as one for the month. I had figured it was a 'hey, since we are already going to be at the council meeting, how about we do an impromptu dining out?' sort of thing rather than a semi-official one.

My confusion. No worries.

sailer

imported post

kimbercarrier wrote:
How about Wednesday the 29th or we could do one Thursday November 6th.
We might have our hands full on November 6th.

How about the 29th?

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

If you're refering to voting that would be on the 4th. I took that into consideration. We can make it the 29th. I just would like to get a head count.:)

sailer

imported post

kimbercarrier wrote:
If you're refering to voting that would be on the 4th. I took that into consideration.
No, I was referring to the aftermath of voting.

I'm down for the 29th.

sailer

imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
Wednesday the 29th should work for me, and the steak place would be a good change of pace.
Still regretting the one that got away last week?

darthmord

imported post

I'll talk with the Mrs. Darthmord and see if she's up for steak on the 29th. As far as I know at this moment in time, we have nothing planned for Wednesday evening.