Thread: Another training memo on open carry has been sent out to the departments of Pittsburgh

Post imported post

I've been informed by CPRB sources another training memo has been sent out regarding open carry laws.

Oh, also... *chuckle* CPRB recognizes open carry is LEGAL. ^_^

Let's see how long it takes them to forget open carry is legal. I'm aware there was a training note sent out a while ago in Pittsburgh.
    Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
    Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists.
    I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building.

Post imported post

Can you get a CC of their original document? I'd love to see what they said...

Post imported post

I can put in a request through the CPRB, but they're a bit paranoid of producing stuff to the public since it might be seen as favoring one side over another.
    Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
    Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists.
    I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building.

Post imported post

Right to know request? :P

Post imported post

Right to know requests can only be granted to residents of Pennsylvania. Seeing as I'm a resident of Alaska, I'd get a denial.

Post imported post

Well, why not politely ask for a copy?

Post imported post

I'll ask...

Post imported post

Good.

Post imported post

The CPRB isn't allowed to give out training memos to people outside of their specific departments. As a third party they can't even forward the training memo to the Sheriff's.

I did call the Sheriff's dept and talked to the firearms division. They are one of the major sources of information regarding rules on "having to conceal if you've a permit".

I'll make a mention the staff there are just following what they're told, they're not LE or trained in any way regarding law. They're there to accept and give out permits. One of the ladies were generous to read me parts of the information sheet they give out to people which clearly states you must conceal your firearm with a permit, which is clearly incorrect.

I'm going to correct the worksheet for them, and will speak to whoever I need to until this misinformation is solved. Misinformation only creates more misinformation and incidents like what happened to me on July 4th 2008.

Regarding the training memo, it might be possible for a out of state organization(I think its(right to know) referring to a LE org) or a resident of Pennsylvania to submit a request for the training memo. As a resident of Alaska, my request would instantly be denied.

Post imported post

If you file your lawsuit it will available under discovery

Post imported post

I've no interest in suing a city where I'll be living and/or spending most of my time. Unless there is physical harm or financial damages, then I'd be quite open to the possibility of filing a lawsuit.

Post imported post

Well, if you aren't going to sue them, just endure the punishment. I have a training memo, and buddy lemme tell ya, they'll get it one time and I am pretty sure I won't have any issues.

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

Nowhere in Pennsylvania's Right to Know Law (Act 100 of 2002) does it state the requestor has to be a resident of Pennsylvania. It speaks of "requestor" and "person" but does not state "Pennsylvania Resident."

As to the CPRB feeling paranoid, paranoia has nothing to do with what the law states. It's a public document created by a public agency.

File a request.

Post imported post

Yes I know, but what about the use of requester and person? I haven't read the act entirely, but will punishments still be enforceable if they don't give information within a certain time frame?

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Statkowski wrote:
    Nowhere in Pennsylvania's Right to Know Law (Act 100 of 2002) does it state the requestor has to be a resident of Pennsylvania. It speaks of "requestor" and "person" but does not state "Pennsylvania Resident."

As to the CPRB feeling paranoid, paranoia has nothing to do with what the law states. It's a public document created by a public agency.

File a request.
    Actually the RTKA in PA does unlawfully require that requestors be citizens of PA. The 3d Cir. overruled this recently, so cite Lee v. Minner in your request if you are not a resident just to head it off. See generally http://www.openrecordspa.org/pdfs/07RTKResidency.pdf.

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
    The CPRB isn't allowed to give out training memos to people outside of their specific departments. As a third party they can't even forward the training memo to the Sheriff's.
    Huh?

Look - public records are public, just make the request, start the ball rolling.