Thread: Kauai Hunting

Post imported post

I know it's a little OT, but I've been scouring the web looking for some sort of guide service on Kauai for boar hunting with no avail. I think I'm going to be on the island around Christmas time on vacation with my family and wanted to try to get boar hunting while I am there, any information you guys could give me would be great. Thanks

Post imported post

cmdio wrote:
    I know it's a little OT, but I've been scouring the web looking for some sort of guide service on Kauai for boar hunting with no avail. I think I'm going to be on the island around Christmas time on vacation with my family and wanted to try to get boar hunting while I am there, any information you guys could give me would be great. Thanks
    There are only (2) registered hunting guides on Kauai...actually only (1)

This is for hunts on Niihau - (a Private Island about 15-20 miles from Kauai) This would be an awesome experience.

Bruce B. Robinson
    Niihau Safaris, Ltd.
    P.O. Box 690370
    Makaneh, HI 96769
    Ph. (808),652-4730
    (808),335-3500
    Email: ainahau@hawaiian.net

This guy is on Kauai

Charles Cobb-Adams Jr.
    Native Hawaiian Conservation & Hiking Expedition
    4156 Rice Street #110
    Lihue, HI 96766
    Ph. (808)652-0478

Here is the link to the website I got the info from

http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/dofaw/hunting...hunting-guides

Hope this helps.

Post imported post

Thanks

I found the stuff about Niihau, which would be awsome, but I thought it was a little pricey (about two grand all said and done for a sheep and a boar) although there is a couple of african species on Niihau which might be worth it. I was hoping for a Boar hunt, and I thought the traditional knife and dogs hunt would be a blast, but I would really be happy with any hunting that I get to do. I'll get in touch with the other guy, I hope I can make this happen, it would be a really cool thing to add to the vacation.

Post imported post

cmdio wrote:
    Thanks

I found the stuff about Niihau, which would be awsome, but I thought it was a little pricey (about two grand all said and done for a sheep and a boar) although there is a couple of african species on Niihau which might be worth it. I was hoping for a Boar hunt, and I thought the traditional knife and dogs hunt would be a blast, but I would really be happy with any hunting that I get to do. I'll get in touch with the other guy, I hope I can make this happen, it would be a really cool thing to add to the vacation.
    If you are looking for a traditional hunt, you may need to go the the Big Island or Maui. I lived in Hawaii for 15+ years and there are a few traditional guides on the Big Island. Let me tell you it is an adreline rush!!!