• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Two of us Open Carried at the Sarah Palin Rally in Richmond

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

You only had to go through the metal detector to sit right around her in the stands immediately surrounding her. If you were going to stand only40 yards away, you could (apparently) open carry a loaded firearm. Chris (richarcm) and I bothhad three guns in the carat the rally (although initially we were nervous and only wore an empty holster) and I later open carried at the rally. No big deal,at least several dozen cops and thousands of people.... including several whodirectly saw me...and we were right at the very front of the crowd at the metal barriers....

Also, Chris and I have open carried at more than a dozen places over the past 36 hours in the Richmond area. We sat next to then walked right by 3 uniformed Henrico deputies at Chipoltles today as well. They clearly saw us and didn't care. This is my second direct encounter with Henrico PD that made me feel like they finally fully understand the law and have been well-trained (likely due to my incident with them several years ago)....

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

SicSemperTyrannis wrote:
You only had to go through the metal detector to sit right around her. If you were going to stand only30 yards away, you could open carry a loaded firearm. Chris (richarcm) and I both did. No bid deal, hundreds of cops and thousands of people.... and we were right at the very front of the crowd at the metal barriers....
Will you sign an affidavitt and/or appear as a witness for John Noble's hearing to this effect in PA? Do you have photos?

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

I would sign an affidavit. We did not see a single secret service officer anywhere... obviously they were there, but likely much closer to where she was speaking, whereas we were outside the zone that required you to go through a metal detector.

I have two photos (taken by Chris) of meat the rallyopen carrying a Sig .40 229. The pics were taken near the parking area,at least100 yards from where she was. I wanted him to take a picture at the fairgrounds just to prove that I really open carried there.

Neplusultra

imported post

Hey, I hear they're making color digital cameras now for less than $100! :^).

That is so bizzare, I can't believe they let you get that close. Perhaps the candidates set that up as a policy? I can't imagine that happening with Biden.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

SicSemperTyrannis wrote:
You only had to go through the metal detector to sit right around her in the stands immediately surrounding her. If you were going to stand only40 yards away, you could (apparently) open carry a loaded firearm. Chris (richarcm) and I bothhad three guns in the carat the rally (although initially we were nervous and only wore an empty holster) and I later open carried at the rally. No big deal,at least several dozen cops and thousands of people.... including several whodirectly saw me...and we were right at the very front of the crowd at the metal barriers....

Also, Chris and I have open carried at more than a dozen places over the past 36 hours in the Richmond area. We sat next to then walked right by 3 uniformed Henrico deputies at Chipoltles today as well. They clearly saw us and didn't care. This is my second direct encounter with Henrico PD that made me feel like they finally fully understand the law and have been well-trained (likely due to my incident with them several years ago)....
Yeah Yeah, but carry a bible too by golly and you woulda been face-planted in seconds!!:what:

Armed

imported post

Wow - good for you!! I considered it. I sent an e-mail to the campaign office last week, asking if we would be hearded like cattle through a metal detector, and if our backpacks would be searched. I was asking what their policies might be.

I got an automated reply with a FAQ list stating the SS was in charge of security, backpacks were prohibited as were snacks and water bottles, etc. Although they did not state specifically that weapons were prohibited, I assumed from previous incidents, this would not be a good idea.

Now I feel guilty and ashamed for not carrying to the rally. :uhoh:

mpg9999

imported post

SicSemperTyrannis wrote:
I would sign an affidavit. We did not see a single secret service officer anywhere... obviously they were there, but likely much closer to where she was speaking, whereas we were outside the zone that required you to go through a metal detector.

I have two photos (taken by Chris) of meat the rallyopen carrying a Sig .40 229. The pics were taken near the parking area,at least100 yards from where she was. I wanted him to take a picture at the fairgrounds just to prove that I really open carried there.
Where did you get that tshirt?

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

I'll answer all three questions I've noticed so far:

1. The shirt is sold on Ebay in all sizes for $15.00 as a Buy It Now items or the bidding starts at $9.99. Just search for Sic Semper Tyrannis. You can make a best offer (I bought three of them) and the seller acceptedmy $12.oooffer each time.

2. Chris took the picture, I can't recall why he said he accidentally took a black and white shot

3. If you were in the bleachers, you could not have a weapon or backpack (or even liquid). The bleachers were small and directly surrounding her. If you weren't in the bleachers, there was no searches or restrictions.

4. Turns out, Chris (richarcm) actually has three pictures of me open carrying at the event (earlier I said he took two)

richarcm

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
Hey, I hear they're making color digital cameras now for less than $100! :^).

That is so bizzare, I can't believe they let you get that close. Perhaps the candidates set that up as a policy? I can't imagine that happening with Biden.
That was my $800 SLR camera that I accidently put on black and white. But it turned out pretty cool so oh well. At least I didn't take all of my pictures like that.