• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Giving yourself title

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
imported post

And now for a blast from the past!

In this thread :http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/13104-3.html

Bear was being his usual kind and compassionate self, deriding others and extolling his superiority to all. My responses caused PM's to start showing up in my box and I started a tally.

9 out of 10 folks agreed with me, the one who voted against the majority was no surprise, he always sticks up for Bear and offers excuses for him.

So I guess the poll thread I tried to start was really just redundant, we already know the answer. I will be happy to continue to tally votes if they start coming in again. I have re-thunk my decision to leave this bastion of free thought, what with winter coming, I have a lot of time on my hands and Bear-bashing is entertaining.

Bear 45/70

imported post

911Boss wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
Oh, sorry Trigger Dr, but the morons aren't smart enough to let it drop as you requested.

Are you including yourself in the group Bear? You do realize he is talking about you also don't you? You might want to start calling him names and making threats. Or is this yet another instance of your density being surpassed only by your stupidity?

Sorry for the thread derailment (actually I am not), but as Bear has pontificated on more than one occasion, threads change over time just as discussions do. Ain't no law to keep to a single topic and if there ain't no law against it, anyone can do what they want anytime.

I would love to have the "Is Bear a A) Troll, B) @#$%, C) Douchebag, D) Douche-nozzle clog, or E) All of the above" thread, heck I even started one but evidently that is one thing that will get moderated. Since none of the Bearcrap ever gets nuked, I guess flaming personal attack posts are only allowed when they clutter up an innocent thread.
Of course your bias comes screaming across again. You want the benefit of the doubt about your actions, but by God Bear is a bad guy no matter what. Oh BTW have you stopped beating your wife yet? I give up, as you and your ilk will never admit wrong doing no matter how obvious it is, but you can't stop blaming the other guy. It's must be nice to have no faults like you and the rest of you arrogant yahoos. I'll bet you won't go for on that same pool asking if you acted just like you are accusing me of?

911Boss

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
Of course your bias comes screaming across again. You want the benefit of the doubt about your actions, but by God Bear is a bad guy no matter what. Oh BTW have you stopped beating your wife yet? I give up, as you and your ilk will never admit wrong doing no matter how obvious it is, but you can't stop blaming the other guy. It's must be nice to have no faults like you and the rest of you arrogant yahoos. I'll bet you won't go for on that same pool asking if you acted just like you are accusing me of?
Again, your inability to comprehend the written word comes shining though!

If you have someone explain my previous posts to you, you will see that I DID acknowledge that I am doing the same as you do. The difference, as I pointed out, is that I have singled out you alone for such treatment while you spread your fertilizer on all.

The real question is will YOU admit to your shortcomings? You love to start sh!t, then try to play the victim when people call you on it.

As to beating my wife, no I haven't stopped. Stopping would require having started in the first place and I haven't done that either. Is that really the best you can do? Interesting that now you go to another level and try to bring family members in to this. What a piece of work!

I've admitted that I am acting as accused, you are such a big man, can you admit it as well or are you going to keep crying "I'm a victim" like a little b i t c h?

Bear 45/70

imported post

911Boss wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
Again, your inability to comprehend the written word comes shining though!

If you have someone explain my previous posts to you, you will see that I DID acknowledge that I am doing the same as you do. The difference, as I pointed out, is that I have singled out you alone for such treatment while you spread your fertilizer on all.

The real question is will YOU admit to your shortcomings? You love to start @#$%, then try to play the victim when people call you on it.

As to beating my wife, no I haven't stopped. Stopping would require having started in the first place and I haven't done that either. Is that really the best you can do?
Interesting that now you go to another level and try to bring family members in to this. What a piece of work!

I've admitted that I am acting as accused, you are such a big man, can you admit it as well or are you going to keep crying "I'm a victim" like a little b i t c h?

Nooooo, you don't get it at all. I could care less about your opinion of me or on anythingother subjectfor that matter.But when you toss that opinion out on a public forum, you get what you asked for. As far as I can see you are just making noise because you like the sound of your keyboard.

As to my short coming, they are not your worry and with your attitude I would notsharethem with you if you paid me good money. Of course you have no short comings, even though you seem to display them just as you claim I do.

As to the wife beating, it's just like your biased little poll. It makes the liberals look like they operate fair and is design to not find out the truth, but bolster your ego. But then you know that, even though you will never admit it.

911Boss

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
Nooooo, you don't get it at all. I could care less about your opinion of me or on anythingother subjectfor that matter.But when you toss that opinion out on a public forum, you get what you asked for. As far as I can see you are just making noise because you like the sound of your keyboard.

As to my short coming, they are not your worry and with your attitude I would notsharethem with you if you paid me good money. Of course you have no short comings, even though you seem to display them just as you claim I do.

As to the wife beating, it's just like your biased little poll. It makes the liberals look like they operate fair and is design to not find out the truth, but bolster your ego. But then you know that, even though you will never admit it.
"...when you toss that opinion out on a public forum, you get what you asked for."

Exactly dip@#$%, you have been getting as a result of what you have been giving, yet you whine about how we are picking on you.

"As to my short coming, they are not your worry and with your attitude I would notsharethem with you if you paid me good money. "

Yet you expect others to admit to theirs and call them out if they don't.

Side note- You may want to brush up on mixing singular word forms with plural word forms. Most folks get that sorted out by about 4th grade. I know you'll just use this helpful hint as another point to insult me over, but written arguments tend to be more effective if they show some understanding of the language.

"...even though you seem to display them just as you claim I do."

Again, I admitted it while you still refuse to acknowledge any responsibility for your actions. you can't even write the simple phrase "just as I do", you have to throw the word "claim" in there to shirk any personal responsibility.

"...liberals..."

You may want to take the time (and have someone with an IQ over 37 help you...) look up the definition of "Liberal". Contrary to what your understanding seems to be, it really doesn't mean "Anyone who disagrees with me".

I am not trying to bolster my ego. I am just trying to bring yours a little closer to Earth.

Anxiously awaiting your reply,

911Boss

Bear 45/70

imported post

Again, i don't give a damn what you want or are try to explain. It has nothing to do with smarts, intellegence, IQ, understandingor anything else. Here, I'll say it so you can understand.

KISS MY ASS! Your wants, opinions mean nothing to me, now or ever.

Ok I think I'm done here.

Cougar125

imported post

63713938.qaEEdjG9.popcorn.gif

911Boss

imported post

Yes, we have another vote via PM! 10 out of 11 think Bear is the assiest ass of them all!

Bear 45/70 wrote:
Again, i don't give a damn what you want or are try to explain. It has nothing to do with smarts, intellegence, IQ, understandingor anything else. Here, I'll say it so you can understand.

KISS MY ASS! Your wants, opinions mean nothing to me, now or ever.

Ok I think I'm done here.
Clearly it has nothing to do with smarts, i-n-t-e-l-l-i-g-e-n-c-e, IQ, etc. when you are involved. I am not the one having the difficulty understanding, as I and several others have noted, we understand it clearly.

In regards to opinions, type it louder big boy, type it loud enough so you finally get your own message. No one cares about your bullshit opinions either.

I got a dollar that says you ain't done...

Keep those votes coming!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

911Boss wrote:
SNIP 9 out of 10 folks agreed with me, the one who voted against the majority was no surprise, he always sticks up for Bear and offers excuses for him.

Well, I guess you might have been talking about me.

Sure. I offer excuses for lots of people. Its called diplomacy,overlooking imperfections in others,focusing on what's important.

What does arguing with Bear prove? That he has a short temper?

Why is that or anything else important to prove? Why are anybody's faults important to highlight?

Its our strengths that are important. Why not focus on bringing out Bear's strengths?

I'll takea cantankerousfellow with lots of mileage and experience over an inexperiencednewbie any day when I want information and wisdom.

I'vereceived exactly twounfriendly comments fromBear. Both situations resolved fairly quickly.The big difference is that I didn't argueback. I just treated him with the respect he deserved while making replies. Both situations resolved in a couple posts.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

911Boss wrote:
sv_libertarian wrote:
Oh for the love of all that's unholy. Now you are acting just as bad as you say Bear is.

So you agree (and as one of his supporters) that he acts badly. Yes, my post is quite similar in it's agressive nature. The difference is that while I will direct such an attack at only one person on this board, Bear dumps his @#$% on anyone and everyone who dares to differ in opinion.

He can reap what he sows....
No I said your behavior is no better than the behavior you claim you don't like. I didn't intend to claim it was good or bad. Rather that you are acting no different, which gives you no cause to complain IMHO.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Well, I guess you might have been talking about me.

Sure. I offer excuses for lots of people. Its called diplomacy,overlooking imperfections in others,focusing on what's important.

What does arguing with Bear prove? That he has a short temper?

Why is that or anything else important to prove? Why are anybody's faults important to highlight?

Its our strengths that are important. Why not focus on bringing out Bear's strengths?

I'll takea cantankerousfellow with lots of mileage and experience over an inexperiencednewbie any day when I want information and wisdom.

I'vereceived exactly twounfriendly comments fromBear. Both situations resolved fairly quickly.The big difference is that I didn't argueback. I just treated him with the respect he deserved while making replies. Both situations resolved in a couple posts.
+1. I have had a lot of personal dealings with Bear and he is a fine person, albeit opinionated and not shy of sharing that. I view that as a strenght myself. You always know a person who is like that is being honest with you.

sharp

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote
+1. I have had a lot of personal dealings with Bear and he is a fine person, albeit opinionated and not shy of sharing that. I view that as a strenght myself. You always know a person who is like that is being honest with you.
I might point out "personal" dealings are many times more cordial than anyone encounters online. People tend to be much more civil in person.

Sv, you have semed to be pretty fair and reasonable from the posts I've seen in my short time here. I ask you what was civil or fair about his attack and name calling on me which started this mess? Please read my disagreeing with your post, his question to me and my listed response. Right after that he gets nasty. Did I say anything to deserve it? Could be I did and am too close to the situation to see it. I don't think so but I'm willing to see it from anothers pint of view.

If he doesn't like my opinions he's welcome to say so, civily. That I don't care about. But I think I and others were attacked for just having an opinion that was divergent from his. In this way I don't believe he deserves any defending. He's mean spirited for absolutely no reason. That is irrefutable.

Citizen: I'll generally agree about "mileage and experience", but lets be real here. Bear is not that much older then I am nor 911boss for that matter. I don't believe his "mileage" for those couple of years carries that much weight. And what exactly is experience? Life? Having been in country in Vietnam? While extremely honorable, that does not automatically make you sage or wise in everything. My 30 years at my job gives me a temendous amount of experience abiet in different areas. I can attest to having seen and dealt with much more life and death than Bear could possibly have if he had spent four tours in Vietnam. ( he'll probably attack me now for even having used the sacred word of which I have no knowledge. Before he does, let me say I strongly back anyone who spent time in country and have gone out of my way many times to help those I have met. My father spent two tours there and eventually died from having served. He was very adamant that he took my turn and I was not to go no matter what. I did get a draft number but was not called and so he was relieved.)

PS: Bear , no matter what, please don't even think about saying anything about my father, or this will never end. Thank you.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

So much hate...so much discord...and intemperateness....

Hey, it's a new day, you knuckleheads.

C'mon. Shake off the the bad vibes and....

grphug.gif

Group Hug!!!!!!!!

All you need is love, love.

Love is all you need.

911Boss

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
No I said your behavior is no better than the behavior you claim you don't like. I didn't intend to claim it was good or bad. Rather that you are acting no different, which gives you no cause to complain IMHO.

Then what really is the point of your post?

I called bear on his behavior, you liken mine to his, but won't criticize me directly since that would be a critizism on Bear as well. Everyone knows you and he are friends, and while you won't criticize him you do offer excuses for him.

I publically acknowledged that I was going to his level on this. No need to post if you are trying to point out what I have already admitted to and acknowledged.Thedifference is that I will only treat Bear in such fashion.Others may take the high ground and I certainly respect them for it. I take it on occasion as well, but the level of Bear's venom is a blight on this otherwise good forum. Every member should consider him an embarassment whether they wish to say so publically or not.

While I am acting in a similar fashion, I am acting differently as my posts are a direct reply to what he has done repeatedly to others and he is the only one I have ever made such posts about. Yes, I do have cause to complain both as one of his previous targets and as a supporter of others targeted by him. Your opinion is far from humble, you are his friend and a supporter. He may be a wonderful cuddly old man in person, but like so many keyboard commandos he seems devoid of social skills when using the internet.Enabling behavior doesn't help anyone correct their behavior, anda true friend would call him on it.

My bull@#$% bucket is full and I have decided I will call him on it anytime he wants to display his ignorance. If he wants to offer opinon and information in a civil and respectful manner like 99.89% of the people on the internet, then I have no problems. I honestly don't think he is capableof civility though if anyone differs in opinion or has the temerity to disagree with him.

Voting Results update: 12 out of 13 who have expressed an opinion via PM agree.

Let's see what the voters have to say...(responses edited as necessary to protect anonymity)

"Keep giving it to Bear, he deserves everything he gets.If he's disabled how does he go on week long quad-running trips? He need to get a job, it's obvious he can work on a computer all day...."

"Bear=ASSHAT"

"I agree with you. Bear is the reasonI hardly post here anymore. I think he is a very bad example for any newcomers to these forums. It feels as though he thinks he gets to criticize anyone else's opinions, and not have to take any flack himself. His logic is unreasonable and he comes across as a grumpy old man and a buffoon."

"Make it one more that thinks Bear would be a greaty one to ignore, but for letting ignorance flourish. Best of luck shovelling sand against the tide there."

"One more vote for you, Bears an idiot and needs to get over himself. I honestly think he should be banned for a while so he can re-think how he acts on this forum."

"While I have only poked Bear once, I find it's a waste of my time, but I do enjoy your exchanges. With each post, he goes fartherand farther to prove himself in a loosing battle with dementia."

"Bearis an opinionated, inconsiderate, tactless ass. "

"Might as well make it an extra vote against Bear's behaviour. Though a relative newcomer I have already been attacked. His logic is to ignore his failings and wear you down with repeat off the wall attacks. He needs several doses of his own medicine. Defending him after these direct attacks is cowardice. Leaving the forum because of him just enables him. One vote against Bear and for truth justice and the American way."

Marco

imported post

The only title I use if asked is
Law abiding Citizen.

If asked abouta permit.
Yeah I have one, itis the Constitution, ever heard of it.

All done in a polite way with a smile.

Trigger Dr

imported post

At one time several years ago, Soldier of Fortune magazine had an advertisement for a very official looking "FederalFirearms carry license". Just for giggles I bought one. It was about the same size as our Washington State CPL, and contained only the exact wording of the 2nd Amendment. I had it laminated and carried it until my wallet was lost while hunting. Sure would like to have another one.

911Boss

imported post

UPDATE: Vote count now stands at 14 out of 15!

Most recent entries:

"(Bear is a ) bastard that should not even be allowed to post here. If it were my forum he'd be gone. I don't know where he gets off on attacking people for no reason."

"Sometimes while reading his primate-like feces throwing fits, I think of the game 'whack-a-mole', and how no matter how many times he is shut down, he pops up again. Sigh. I rarely even read this forum anymore, what with his tedious droning on. How many times can one human being repeat himself? And on the internet? Sickly. You, sir, have fortitude for stepping into the cesspool with him. If I ever meet you in person, I'll buy you a pitcher of your favorite beer."