• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fairfax county CHP in 35 days.

useful_idiot

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Saturday I received my Fairfax county CHP in the mail. I applied on 9/9/2008 and received it in the mail on 10/13/2008. Thirty-five days or thereabouts.

I dropped by Virginia Arms to pickup a pistol they were holding until my 30 day timer expired. I provided my DL and CHP as ID for the paperwork. A few minutes later they returned and showed me the issue date of the permit is 10/17/2008!

Be forewarned! The date you receive your CHP in the mail is not the date it becomes valid. Check its "born on date" before using.

Thankfully, the only thing I did with the permit since Saturday was get it laminated along with my VCDL member card.

By the time the permit is valid my 30 days will be up anyway...

:cool:

ETA: 10/9/2008 corrected to 9/9/2008.

G

Gentleman Ranker

imported post

Mine took just about 39 days recently, and had been valid a couple days when I received it. I had inadvertently let it expire and don't know if they considered it a "renewal" or not -- I gave them documentation both ways and let them handle it as they chose. But 39 calendar days, and there it was.

Carry safe.

regards,

GR

VAopencarry

imported post

I 'think' I read somewhere it is future dated by a clerk who is essentially guessing when it will be signed off on and sent out. You got yours to 'quickly'.