• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Student with gun arrested at Danville Community College

Armed

imported post

Monday, Oct 13, 2008 - 08:37 PM

DANVILLE -- Police say a Danville Community College student seen carrying a gun on campus has been arrested.

The campus was placed on lockdown shortly after the incident was reported around 8:15 a.m. today, and it remained on lockdown until college officials were sure the suspect was in custody.

City police say 18-year-old Bruce Wayne Elder was carrying two guns when he was apprehended on a street near the college. He faces charges of two counts of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and possession of alcohol by a minor.

Another nut-job seeking infamy?? I'm surprised this wasn't the top news story for the day.

cmartin7864

imported post

Armed wrote:

DANVILLE -- Police say a Danville Community College student seen carrying a gun on campus has been arrested.

The campus was placed on lockdown shortly after the incident was reported around 8:15 a.m. today, and it remained on lockdown until college officials were sure the suspect was in custody.

City police say 18-year-old Bruce Wayne Elder was carrying two guns when he was apprehended on a street near the college. He faces charges of two counts of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and possession of alcohol by a minor.

Another nut-job seeking infamy?? I'm surprised this wasn't the top news story for the day.
There was a Community COllege shotting in TX that didn't get anything but a quick mention today

nova

imported post

Armed wrote:
Bruce Wayne Elder

That would have been a nice headline for the media if there was a shooting...:uhoh:

Thundar

imported post

Damn it this just cannot happen. Didn't the felon know that he is not allowed to have a firearm in a gun free zone????

So if this whack job was not a whack job felon, and leaving the guns + booze stuff aside, what would the problem with open carry on a city street around a campus have been?

Neplusultra

imported post

Thundar wrote:
Damn it this just cannot happen. Didn't the felon know that he is not allowed to have a firearm in a gun free zone????

So if this whack job was not a whack job felon, and leaving the guns + booze stuff aside, what would the problem with open carry on a city street around a campus have been?
That's what I noticed, was he or wasn't he "on" campus property?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
Thundar wrote:

Yata hey

Neplusultra

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:
Thundar wrote:

Yata hey
Yeah, but that's only when he was "caught". Was he on campus and then left or was he never on campus but only walking by?

Thundar

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:
Thundar wrote:

Yata hey
Yeah, but that's only when he was "caught". Was he on campus and then left or was he never on campus but only walking by?
What difference does that make?

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Armed wrote:

Link?

Please always posts links to news items.

Marco

imported post

longwatch wrote:
18 year old convicted felon? Going to college? Doesn't sound right.

He might have been a juvenile charged as an adult.

I don't believe Community Colleges/University's do background checks.

There are many ex-felons that attend or have graduated from college, many become lawyers.
Judge Mathis for exampleis an ex-felon working in the criminal justice system, he went to a 4yr Univ.I believe.

This isn't a slam on lawyers.

[line]
This is why those with CHP's should ignore the anti carry policiesuntil we can get them changed.

Nelson_Muntz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Maybe he was arrested for 'future crime'. Everyone knows there are an abundance of serial killers and hardened criminals with the middle name "Wayne".

:uhoh:

trailblazer2003

imported post

Thundar wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:
Thundar wrote:

Yata hey
What difference does that make?
If he was on a public street and not campus, why was he detained to begin with? That difference could possibly determine an illegal seizure regardless of his convict status.

Marco

imported post

trailblazer2003 wrote:
why was he detained to begin with? That difference could possibly determine an illegal seizure regardless of his convict status.
Just a guesson my part, he was probably openly consuming his liquid courage.

[line]

§ 4.1-322. Possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages by interdicted persons; penalty.

No person who has been interdicted pursuant to § 4.1-333 or § 4.1-334 shall possess any alcoholic beverages, except those acquired in accordance with subdivisions 1 through 5 of § 4.1-200, nor be drunk in public in violation of § 18.2-388.

Any interdicted person found to be in violation of this section shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Agent19 wrote:
trailblazer2003 wrote:
why was he detained to begin with? That difference could possibly determine an illegal seizure regardless of his convict status.
Just a guesson my part, he was probably openly consuming his liquid courage.

[line]

§ 4.1-322. Possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages by interdicted persons; penalty.

No person who has been interdicted pursuant to § 4.1-333 or § 4.1-334 shall possess any alcoholic beverages, except those acquired in accordance with subdivisions 1 through 5 of § 4.1-200, nor be drunk in public in violation of § 18.2-388.

Any interdicted person found to be in violation of this section shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.
How do we know that he was interdicted? I didnt see that in the article....