Thread: Boston Legal support of gun rights

Post imported post

Post imported post

The producer, David E. Kelley is anti-gun. While I think the intent is to portray Denny Crane as a gun owner caricature, I don't really care. I think that the Shat is the shiz.

The whole episode can be viewed atABC, Full Episodes at the top menu. It's episode 3. I tried testing the link direct to the season five index and it kept asking me to reinstall the player software.

Post imported post

Is this the Boston Legal episode where he uses an AR-7/Henry Survival Rifle to take out a guy in the office?...

That was a great episode.

"Pull!"
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

No, it was more reminiscent of the scene from Collateral. A little different.

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/QeNPJ0fgWVY&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Post imported post

My wife and I absolutely cracked up at that part. I love the later bit where he's taken into custody (for lack of a carry permit) and is forced to disarm. He has to unload about 6 different pistols off his person! Shatner Gold!

We make a point to watch it. Yes, the show is uber-progressive, but what do you expect from a law firm in Boston? The Denny Crane character, played superbly by Shatner, however brings a good balance to the show as well as a good deal of the life/humor, despite the overt/purposeful caricature.

Oh, and the way they break down the "4th Wall" is hilarious.
    Support these forums, please donate if you are able to OpenCarry.Org!

State Researcher

Post imported post

I saw the episode and while it was funny I couldn't decide what point they were trying to make. When the guy at the end gave a speech on "reasonable restrictions" I think that was what they were shooting for. Suggesting that "normal" people support "reasonable restrictions." Some funny scenes though.

Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar

Post imported post

I know this is TV, but if you were in a situation like Dennyin the parking garageand you were able to distract and draw on the BG, would you shoot him in the foot or double-tap center mass?

Post imported post

COM -- the plan is to NOT get shot by a now wounded, mostly functional and ticked off BG.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

The one I really liked was the fishing with a shotgun in Canada. Would have been a good catch if anything was left to eat.