• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boston Legal support of gun rights

Gene Beasley

imported post

The producer, David E. Kelley is anti-gun. While I think the intent is to portray Denny Crane as a gun owner caricature, I don't really care. I think that the Shat is the shiz.

The whole episode can be viewed atABC, Full Episodes at the top menu. It's episode 3. I tried testing the link direct to the season five index and it kept asking me to reinstall the player software.

just_a_car

imported post

Is this the Boston Legal episode where he uses an AR-7/Henry Survival Rifle to take out a guy in the office?...

That was a great episode.

"Pull!"

retrodad

imported post

My wife and I absolutely cracked up at that part. I love the later bit where he's taken into custody (for lack of a carry permit) and is forced to disarm. He has to unload about 6 different pistols off his person! Shatner Gold!

We make a point to watch it. Yes, the show is uber-progressive, but what do you expect from a law firm in Boston? The Denny Crane character, played superbly by Shatner, however brings a good balance to the show as well as a good deal of the life/humor, despite the overt/purposeful caricature.

Oh, and the way they break down the "4th Wall" is hilarious.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I saw the episode and while it was funny I couldn't decide what point they were trying to make. When the guy at the end gave a speech on "reasonable restrictions" I think that was what they were shooting for. Suggesting that "normal" people support "reasonable restrictions." Some funny scenes though.

trevorthebusdriver

imported post

I know this is TV, but if you were in a situation like Dennyin the parking garageand you were able to distract and draw on the BG, would you shoot him in the foot or double-tap center mass?