• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in vehicle?

JBinMontana

imported post

I sugest that anyone of you that is from outside the state of Montana get one of these books called "The Gun Laws of Montana" http://www.mtpublish.com/mp/

Montana is a "Shall Issue State" we have very open carry gun laws and a great State Constitution to back it up.

Here is a link to the MCA of Montana, ref Montana Anotated Code it is the only code that when I was in Law Enforcement ended in 2005, but it is ALL that any LEO or Court can abide by.

http://data.opi.mt.gov/bills/MCA_toc/index.htm

You will notice that it is the 2007 addition because the 2009 has not been released yet from Helena, pleasepay attention to Title45

If you do not find it as a violation of the MCA then it is legal to do here in Montana. We don't care if it is a violation in Washington or any other state, your in Montana and we abide by our laws and regulations. I guess I get testy when the same fricken question gets asked time and time again.

It will not matter if you have a rifle, shotgun, muzzleloader or even an AK47 with a 30 round magazine in the back widow of your pickup. You will not get stopped for it, and LEO's here will not ask you if they are loaded or not. Again, this is Montana and we live this way because it's our God Given Right!

If you need to call someone, here is the number and contact information to Flathead County Sheriff's Dept.

P (406) 758-5585
F (406) 758-5862

SHERIFF:
Mike Meehan

UNDERSHERIFF:
Pete Wingert

HOURS:
Monday - Friday
8:00a.m. - 5:00p.m.

badgesm_000.jpg