• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

San Diego OC Oct 19th - Lets finalize this

gravedigger

imported post

I am going to be there for this event. The link to the previous thread has been lost or broken, so I am starting this one to bring the subject up again.

So, as I understand it, the group will be meeting there at ... 11:00 AM ??? We have the rear patio reserved at El Indio?

How 'bout those fliers. Do we have any? Enough?

SOneThreeCoupe

imported post

I'm wondering what's going on as well.

Calguns is down.

I think it's 11AM.

I will be bringing some fliers.

If you see a guy with a SigArms LE hat and glasses with a P226 on his hip, that's me. If no one else shows up, I'm still going to have lunch.

Also, if anyone knows the parking situation down there, chime in. Do I need quarters for meters or are there lots nearby?

cato2

imported post

I'm going I think. What's the address? CG is still being remodeled. And yes, show up between 11-12 and order food at 12.

cato

imported post

Some info and only afew pictures so far :(http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=1623037&postcount=147

ok more pictures here :Dhttp://caopencarry.blogspot.com/

About 22 people attended (three young ladies too) and about 80% were unloaded open carrying (loaded mags separate and there was one with a revolver). Several showed up unarmed just to see what it was all about and their attendance was very much welcomed!!!

We were seen by hundreds (at least) of other patrons as well as pedestrian and vehicle traffic over the course of 5 hours. There was no visible police presence like last time. Everyone had a good time and it was great to put faces to screen names. A finer assortment of law abiding California "Civil Obedience"activists has not been assembled (to include the 1st OC lunchers and Sac. OCdiners too!;))

The restaurant became very busy after noon and several times patrons seeking an open table would enter our reserved patio area. OMG, I can't believe it, as families WITH CHILDREN and couples they entered a room with about 20 openly armed persons...and get this.....they sat down and ate!!!

One group of three young ladies entered with their food and I said hello to them. One of them said, "Oh, everyone has guns.". She was given a brochure and she commented that this must be the "safest place in town". I told her we would be leaving soon and she asked if we could leave a gun at their table for them (LOL!)

The San Diego OCDO/Calgunners are to be commended for stepping up to the plate and making lawful defensive carry a reality for so many!

And hats off to the SDPD! I was informed that the PD"Communication Center" was aware of the lunch. There was no contact from uniformed personel and there were no complaints or calls for service regarding the lunch (that I've heard about). But uniformed personaland off duty officers are, as always,very welcome anytime!

Looks like this will become a monthly meeting!