• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Get-Together in MIdland/Saginaw/Frankenmuth Area

SQLtables

imported post

I know it's going to get colder (I think?) soon, and the picnic season is coming to an end. I also know that I would have loved to be at the AA picnic and would love to make the Belle Isle picnic, but I just can't make the drive at this time.

So, how many people would be interested in meeting up and getting lunch/dinner somewhere? Maybe even just a quick meal at Wendy's or something, and hit up some stores either here in Frankenmuth, Midland, or Saginaw area, depending on what works for everyone.

I don't think we'd pull off a full blown picnic, but some of us could just hang out and eat/shop. Depending on the group, we could think of something else to do.

Since the Belle Isle picnic is coming up, maybe sometime after that would be a good time? Maybe like the weekend of Nov. 1?

MrsRuger45

imported post

Sounds good to me! :celebrate I'm not completely sure about 11/1 or 11/2, but we should be able to do 8th, 9th or 15th with no problems.

MrsRuger45

imported post

Now THAT sounds like fun!! Let us know what time. Anyone have an actual address for "the pit". We have one of those nifty GPS things! Or I guess directions will do........

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

Might be able to find an address for the race track right next to it. Anyone who hasn't been there can just go to the track and listen for the shots!

Not sure what time I will be arriving, I tend to sleep in a bit on the weekend, so I probably won't get there until 1-2:00.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
This may not be ideal, but me and my uncle are going to "the pit" in Lapeer on November 15th to drop some lead. It's a little bit closer and I will be bringing frozen pumpkins!
Keep in mind that deer hunting season (shotgun/pistol in Shotgun Zone) starts November 15. I don't know if this would have any impact on the event or not...just throwing this out there for ya to digest.

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
JeffSayers wrote:
This may not be ideal, but me and my uncle are going to "the pit" in Lapeer on November 15th to drop some lead. It's a little bit closer and I will be bringing frozen pumpkins!
Keep in mind that deer hunting season (shotgun/pistol in Shotgun Zone) starts November 15. I don't know if this would have any impact on the event or not...just throwing this out there for ya to digest.

Well, anyone familiar enough with the area to be hunting there should know people shoot there.

However, we are nothing if not responsible and courteous, so if anyone has knowledge of hunting being common in the immediate area perhaps we could move it to the weekend before.

Anyone?

SQLtables

imported post

I don't know anything about hunting around that area, but the pit is a great idea. I can probably get some other people to come out. Maybe we can hit up the McDonald's or some other restaurant for some eats. I went into the McDonald's after the Lapeer picnic... nothing but looks.