• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Libertarian candidate to visit Newport News on Wednesday

Renegade

imported post

If some folks would like to get together we can meet and attend this meeting together. Since none of the current candidates excite me in the least, I am still looking for a respectable American to vote for.

Any takers?

---------------------------------------------------

Libertarian candidate to visit Newport News
By CATHY GRIMES | 247-4758
11:48 AM EDT, October 14, 2008

NEWPORT NEWS – - Libertarian Presidential Candidate Bob Barr will speak at Christopher Newport University's Yoder Barn Theatre at 6 p.m. Wednesday. The event is organized by the Student Libertarians at CNU and the Tidewater Libertarian Party. The talk is free and open to the public. The Yoder Barn is at 660 Hamilton Dr.

Barr represented Georgia in the U.S. House of Representatives from 1995-2003 and served on the judiciary, government reform and financial services committees. In the 1970s he was an official with the CIA and in the 1980s served as the U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Georgia. He is now a lawyer and consultant in Atlanta. His campaign Web site states Barr "works tirelessly to help preserve our fundamental right to privacy and our other civil liberties guaranteed in the Bill of Rights."

http://tinyurl.com/3vx5ht

mpg9999

imported post

He was speaking at Virginia Tech tonight. I meant to go but completely forgot about it. He was also supposed to go to Bogens Restaurant afterwords at 9. I showed up at 9 open carrying, but it turns out he had somewhere else to be and cancelled.