• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Pamphlet

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

I like the re-worked logo. Not to get into a whole tangent, but shouldn't the US flag be on the right so that the union is presented on its left side?

I would vote to have some sort of FAQ section kept in if possible. Yea, sure most of those questions are ansewred online, but Americans in general are lazy. We want everything handed to us in nice tidy spoonfuls for immediate consumption. :?Or is it just me?

BigE

imported post

Venator wrote:
Lets get back on track. I wrote and researched most of the info packet and put it out there to be used. If someone wants to use it fine. If they want to change it fine. But if we are going to use it as a MOC handout then it's appropriate that we have a chance to comment and make suggestions. My comments were suggestions mostly on the why OC section. Perhaps we should just delete it and let the reader of the handout make up his/her mind about OCing. I'm not keen on just posting the 2nd amd. as an answer, but that's me.

I do like the idea of using a state flag and I can work on this. Below is one idea using the US and state flag with the logo. However works on the handout can PM me with an email and I can send the graphic file. If others have ideas on a flag display post them and I will try and work something else out.
I agree, totally, the only reason I included the 2nd and 4th amendments is because I'm convinced that the majority of the American people have no idea what the Constitution or the Bill of Rights say. (Joe Biden in the debate with Sarah Palin said the powers of the Vice President are spelled out in Article I of the Constitution)....WRONG! Article I spells out the power of the Legislative branch, Article II defines the power of the executive branch. Sorry, I'm a Constitutionalist and a Conservative and believe that "We the Sheeple" need to be reminded of this...That being said; maybe those of us that are passionate about this need to have an OC event where we just sit down together in the same room and hammer this out. We obviously have a ton of intelligent members and I'm sure we could bring resolution to this matter more quickly if we could just sit down together. I will even volunteer my home as a meeting place if anyone is interested.

SQLtables

imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
I like the re-worked logo. Not to get into a whole tangent, but shouldn't the US flag be on the right so that the union is presented on its left side?

I would vote to have some sort of FAQ section kept in if possible. Yea, sure most of those questions are ansewred online, but Americans in general are lazy. We want everything handed to us in nice tidy spoonfuls for immediate consumption. :? Or is it just me?

No sir.. when the US flag is crossed with another flag it should be on it's own right (viewers left) and the US flags staff should be on top.. just as Venator has it :)

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
As to the flag, you're questioning me?:lol: I did the research the flag is correct for crossed flags. The US flag always is on the viewers left...that is the Flags right. The US flag is treated as a living thing and as such the right side is the place of honor. This going back to heraldry and Christan belief that the right..Dexter is greater (More holy)than the left...Sinister, even the tern for the left is sinister.

Glockingbird

imported post

Just my 2 cents concerning the graphic. I think I like the just the MOC logo. It's simple and direct (It could use some resizing to fill the area better). Although I do like the flags, With them all together it just seems a little too busy. like I said just my 2 cents.

Shadows

imported post

Well, the way I see it, this is a Michigan only effort concerning our state laws. So, I'm in favor of just the Michigan State Flag. I don't see a reason for just a logo.. Of course this is just my opinion.

warlockmatized

imported post

Glockingbird wrote:
Just my 2 cents concerning the graphic. I think I like the just the MOC logo. It's simple and direct (It could use some resizing to fill the area better). Although I do like the flags, With them all together it just seems a little too busy. like I said just my 2 cents.
Agreed. Since the MOC logo IS for Michigan only :)

warlockmatized

imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
Valid arguement for using just the state flag, but personally I like the idea of stars & stripes also. After all,our constitution is national.
Yes our constitution is national. However the regs and guidelines in the pamphlet are not. Just my 2c.

warlockmatized

imported post

Gosirr passed out some of the ones he had made to attendees at Belle Isle. Myself personally, I think it looks fine with just the MOC logo. Will get one over to you to check out in person.

JeffSayers

imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
Gosirr passed out some of the ones he had made to attendees at Belle Isle. Myself personally, I think it looks fine with just the MOC logo. Will get one over to you to check out in person.

I agree, just as he had it looked fine.

While I do still like the look of the stars & stripes overhead; I will still pass them out regardless.

Gosirr

imported post

OK, I got a lot of great feedback at Sundays picnic. The new version is moved around a bit and has some new stuff too. Iam tryingto get a better flow of the info. My only worry is that the font may be getting to small. Take a look and let me know. Warlock: is the age thing better now-or does it still need some work.

JeffSayers

imported post

Gosirr wrote:
OK, I got a lot of great feedback at Sundays picnic. The new version is moved around a bit and has some new stuff too. Iam tryingto get a better flow of the info. My only worry is that the font may be getting to small. Take a look and let me know. Warlock: is the age thing better now-or does it still need some work.

One last thing:

Thus, any person licensed to carry a concealed pistol, including a private investigator, is exempt from the gun-free zone restrictions imposed by section 234d of the Penal Code and may therefore openly carry theirfirearms while on the types of premises listed in that statute.

And of course, crossed Michigan and US flags over the logo wouldn't hurt my feelings. (OK, last time!)

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Venator wrote:
Here is the info with the crossed flags. I also added the opencarry.org photo of the people OCing.
Excellent!!! Thanks to all of you for the OC Handout. I saved this version to my desktop.