Thread: new gun- Taurus pt92

Post imported post

who has one of these? and what do you think? i pick it up on friday
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

Post imported post

I had one years ago and prefered it over the Beretta 92 because of it's single action carry option.

Good all-around gun with reasonable accuracy and reliability. A little heavy for everyday carry, but still a good choice for a economy firearm.
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Post imported post

That's my carry gun, although if I were to buy one now I'd probalby go for a PT917 -- basically the same but 20+1 capacity :shock:

All in all, a very competent shooter, and 17+1 is still pretty nice. I got mine in stainless, you?

And yes, I have since replaced that belt :P

Post imported post

nice. well actually, me and my parents all went in for our CWL together, and decided to buy one gun that we all thought felt good in our hands. i don't have the money to buy a gun this month, but plan on it next month. we bought the pt92 in black (it says blue but it's black). my likes the springfield armory mdX???? becuase it's a 19+1 capacity. bigger is better..haha...but for this gun we're going to use it for now to get accustomed to shooting regularly and we will each purchase our own carry weapons....we had a .38 sp sitting around the house for God knows how long, probably 10 years, and just took it out for the first time a few weeks ago....i'm not for Barack Obama, and he has shown opposition to the 2nd ammendment, so we decided now was a good time to invest...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post imported post

The 92 looks good in the "blue" too, I just wanted the stainless so I don't have to ever worry about corrosion

Actually the 92 looks that much "meaner" in the blue. You're going to like it, it's a nice shooter, manageable recoil and pretty easy to get back on target for a follow-up, although I'm kinda wishing I sprung for the PT99 (PT92 + adjustable sights), but the 92 is a good buy.

I think I've run approximately 1000 rounds through mine, and the only issues I've seen are a couple of Failures to Eject caused by "limp-wristing" or a crappy mag (I have a couple of 30 rnd aftermarkets I use on the range ONLY) -- easily cleared by racking the slide.

Most of what I've put through it have been Winchester White Box, but I have run 250 rnds of UMC through it and they were just fine. Next time I'm at a gun show I'll pick up a few different brands to see, but it doesn't appear to be very sensitive to ammo.

*edited for grammar

Post imported post

that's good. i don't know how much you are paying for ammo, but at Wal-Mart it's 8.99 per 50rd box...

Post imported post

locally WWB is ~$22 for 100 count

Was 1/2 that the last time I bought any (I bought 4 boxes then). I'm thinking about getting into reloading for 9mm! Crazyness!