Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WASH, RINSE, REPEAT

Post imported post

Last edited by ghostrider; 09-13-2010 at 12:23 PM. Reason: TBA

Post imported post

Last edited by ghostrider; 09-12-2010 at 04:16 PM.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Post imported post

Post imported post

Thanks for the topic. This kind of knowledge is VERY helpful. In hindsight I wish I had used "wash,rinse,repeat". Thanks for this tidbit of information.

Post imported post

TTT

Can we sticky this?
    What Do I Feel When I Kill A Terrorist? .........A Little Recoil

Post imported post

Gosirr wrote:
    TTT

Can we sticky this?
    Great thread.

+1 for getting it stickied. (pm John or Mike)

Post imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
    Gosirr wrote:
    TTT

Can we sticky this?
    Great thread.

+1 for getting it stickied. (pm John or Mike)
    done.
    What Do I Feel When I Kill A Terrorist? .........A Little Recoil

Post imported post

"The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

Post imported post

Folks,

The mods were kind enough to make this thread a stick because people thought that it was an important topic. I, think it's an important topic. As such, I believe it would be better served if we not allow this thread to dwindle into an off topic discussion about creative writing, and grammar.

Post imported post

Per request, the the Reid Method of Interrogation has been added.

Post imported post

Even though I am not in MI, I feel it is good "IANAL"advice and can be used in other states as well.

Thanks for taking the time topost that, now I need to get the "wash, rinse, repeat" burned into my head.

Post imported post

Man wish i had spotted this a few hours earlier....

Post imported post

Post imported post

Thanks!

Post imported post

oh the guy detained by the TSA man, we saw that a couple weeks ago!!!

Post imported post

ghostrider wrote:
    I am adding these two videos.

The first one is important for people because it demonstrates how what is said on the street (by you as well as the officer) can be twisted by the officer in the courtroom.

Here's an interesting youtube to listen to. The video had problems for me downloading, and kept reloading. However, the video wasn't all that long, and the courtroom audio is played afterward. No problems with the courtroom audio.

It was interesting listening to how the officer and prosecutor tried to twist things around to get a conviction. It was almost so wild I'm not even sure to believe it's true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ2bnNHQuIA

The second one is a good example of someone who was in a tense situation (to say the least) while being detained and questioned by TSA agents who desperately tried to intimidate. Listen/watch all of it, because Judge Napolitano’s comments are worthy of audience.

I'm sure this has been covered before on other areas of this baord, but I'm posting here because it is a follow up to the initial fox news coverage.

I think it's good for people to hear what kind of antics the authorities will use to intimidate, coerce, and infringe upon peoples rights. Having such knowledge will help preparation for eventual encounters.

http://www.ronpaul.com/2009-04-09/st...freedom-watch/

This is the story of Steve Bierfeldt. He is the Director of Development for the Campaign for Liberty, which is Ron Paul's group IIRC. He was detained by TSA because he had a bit of cash while trying to fly.

All he did was ask them if he was legally required to answer their questions. Listen to Judge Andrew Napolitano’s comments on this incident, and other's like it. Chilling.
    Man, this is crazy,whats wrong with theseLEO's?

Post imported post

Great thread!

Two of THE best pieces of advice I have seen out here! Expect confrontation if you are going to OC and handle the encounter as if you were setting up the courtroom trial.

Yes it's a right, but it is a rarely used right and too many people are not accustomed to seeing a civilian with a sidearm in public. The probability of an encounter of some sort is relatively high depending on the community.

It's court case rulings that help protect the second amendment, not street arguments that escalate. Be calm, and gather evidence against your opponent.

I was in a firearm shop the other day and a gentleman who had just purchased a sidearm was nervous and had to ask how he could get the firearm home! It's not just 2nd amendment opponents who will be shocked to see you open carry, it is people who are pro-2nd amendment too.

Be calm, know your rights and the rights of the person confronting you, and you'll be well on your way to educating and creating precedent for something that should be a more well known right.

Post imported post

Why isn't this "stickied" anymore?

Post imported post

Probably because it's linked to in a sticky some where, and one of the mods is helping to get rid of the clutter at the top of the page.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

This needs to be re-stickied or added to one of the other stickies!

I sent the following to Mike requesting it be stickied again. If someone knows why it shouldn't be speak up

Hey Mike sorry to bother you but over on the MI forum we have a thread that was removed from our stickies! I feel that it was removed in error and wanted to know who removed and if it could be re-stickied? It is one of the threads that we send most of our new OCers to to help them learn how to deal with Terry Stops.

Thread link here. http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=17262&forum_id=30&jump_t o=493710#p493710

Thanks Ryan Ransom AKA Autosurgeon

Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

ttt
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Post imported post

Good topic. I recently had a not so great experience with Hammond Indiana police. I'm looking a digital voice recorders. What out of this list from Walmart would you guys recommend?

http://www.walmart.com/search/search...d.x=0&Find.y=0

Post imported post

aikidoka wrote:
    Good topic. I recently had a not so great experience with Hammond Indiana police. I'm looking a digital voice recorders. What out of this list from Walmart would you guys recommend?

http://www.walmart.com/search/search...0&Find.y=0
    I'd recommend starting another thread in either a state, or general forums on this board. The topic has been covered before, but it's been a year or two, and the technology has improved since then.

I have this one and like it.
    http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_se...=2&id=1322

Got it at Sam's Club for about $60.

Here's some past threads:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/25496.html

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum62/24566.html

This is a good one:
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum62/11463.html

I like mine. Battery life seems good, downloads easy and acts as a USB storage drive. Long record time and good sound quality. It's also slim line.

Olympus and Sony seem to be the ones that get good reviews. Don't know about the RCA's myself, but like I said, "start a thread and get reports from users".

ETA:

Oh look! Here's another one.
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/29907.html

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast