• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any Open Carriers in Cuyahoga County?

kcarpenter

imported post

Sure, why not. I was going to stop by the local PD to find out how badly they dislike OC'ing. I went to school with a couple of the local guys and a Sgt. lived across the street from my folks for years. It'll be interesting to hear their take.

ChefW

imported post

Who know's I know for a fact that the westlake PD definately doesn't like it at all. I think we just need to make a little flyer stating the legality of it and give some of them to the local PD's. It would at least make them interested.

kcarpenter

imported post

I am all for informing local municipalities of the rights of gun owners, I just don't want to do it the wrong way. Although it's all entirely subjective to the individual officers and city law director's attitude and mentalities. I think I'll try stopping down there tomorrow to see who's on duty and if they can take some time to talk about it.

Have you OC'ed in Avon Lake and how do they view it?

ChefW

imported post

I OC all the time here and I have never seen a LEO. Although I haven't yet, I'm sure I will in the future. I am trying to find the email of the AL police chief and get his view on it. I hope it's good because I don't intend to stop OC here.