• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lawsuit for National Open Carry Handgun Filed in DC

donhamrick

Banned
imported post

j2l3 wrote:
That one also wants me to sign in or register.

I have officially lost interest.  Sorry

Email me and I will reply with the PDF file attached.

My email: 4donhamrick[DOT]gmail.com.

donhamrick

Banned
imported post

I emailed the PDF file to JPierce with my request that he host it at this site for downloading by members.

KBCraig

imported post

donhamrick wrote:
It is THE(!) perfect Second Amendment case from a US merchant seaman's point of view on intrastate, interstate, and maritime travel.
I admit I'm skeptical that a 600 page, pro se lawsuit is the "perfect" anything.

KansasMustang

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
The National Ensign does not have a gold fringe. You may believe that the gold fringe is an innocent embellishment but others do not. I just think that it's tacky and gaudy quite befitting a State that may elect an Obamination.
I have a friend that is on the waaaay far right, kinda like the Freemen of Wyoming that were, well persecuted as it were., If Y'all remember from the late 90's and such. They believe that the flag with the gold trim is an *Admiralty* flag or some such and therefore a military tribunal flag and that they don't consider themselves to fall under the jurisdiction of any court that flies it. And that the constitution is the only law of the land.
They believe that since the *War Powers Act* of 1933 we have not had a constitutional government. That since the president can issue executive orders that negates the constitution. It's a good study in constititional law.Just me sayin it

KansasMustang

imported post

Truth is, now don't take this wrong, but I believe we've been in trouble for a long time. But I'm holding fast to the belief that their are good men and women that are not asleep that will keep a watchful eye. And not allow this government to ever go beyond *Of the people, by the people, and for the people. I dread to think that there might be a time,,,

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

donhamrick wrote:
ilbob wrote:
isn't don hamrick the nut case that thinks that the gold fringe on the flag in court rooms somehow invalidates their rulings?

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! ALWAYS SOMEONE COMING OUT OF THE WOODWORK TO WITH CRAP LIKE THIS.

NO! I HAVE NO OPINION ON THE GOLD FRINGE FLAG.

That gains you a few points in my book. I recall the name.I had kind of filed it in with the common law types, the flag fringers, and the various other legal kooks out there. I apologize for any offense for my faulty memory on your position on flag fringe.

Where might I have run across you before?

Pointman

imported post

ilbob wrote:
I recall the name..... Where might I have run across you before?
There are several people named Don Hammrick, but you might have seenthis particularDon Hamrick:

Stand up for his rights in the DC court system:
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
Don Hamrick v. David L. Bremer, III, et al.
https://ecf.dcd.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/show_public_doc?2005cv1993-4

On FirearmsTALK supporting the Second Amendment (before they limited his freedom of speech by banning him):
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118

Writing pro-rights poetry:
http://www.poetry.com/dotnet/P7670399/999/1/display.aspx

Running for U.S. Senate:
http://www.topix.com/forum/state/ar/TME516NP65VA2DJRQ

donhamrick

Banned
imported post

My 2A lawsuit filed October 6, 2008 can be downloaded here:
http://geekteck.com/external_host/hamrick.pdf

I don't know who hosted it there but I am extremely gratefull. Thank you.

Because I stand up for national open carry handgun not only from a merchant seaman's point of view on the right to travel while armed but for all law-abiding US citizens I have been insulted, ridiculed, and banned at so many gun forums that I have lost count.

I did try to run for the US Senate but I did not get the 10,000 signatures for the petition to run as an independent candidate. But I did try.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

donhamrick wrote:
Because I stand up for national open carry handgun not only from a merchant seaman's point of view on the right to travel while armed but for all law-abiding US citizens I have been insulted, ridiculed, and banned at so many gun forums that I have lost count.
Please will you provide a logical syllogism from your premise ("Because I stand up for national open carry handgun") to your conclusion ( "insulted, ridiculed, and banned at so many gun forums")?

'Chronological sequence' is not a syllogism, post hoc ergo propter hoc is a weak argument.

donhamrick

Banned
imported post

My political poem for Second Amendment rights of American Merchant Seamen:

American Merchant Seamen in Harm's Way

Pirates by sea, terrorists by land.
Through hostile waters we sailors dare steam,
Defensive weapons denied our hand.
Not the law of land or sea it would seem.

Without rhyme or reason,
September 11, a day of slaughter.
Security now a perpetual season.
Arm ourselves now! Sailors oughta!

Pirates and terrorists armed to the teeth,
With every blade and firepower within reach,
Against sailors defenseless as sheep.
For to arm sailors liberals would screech,

Would cause the Bill of Rights
To become our steering light.

Don Hamrick
Copyright ©2008  Don Hamrick

deanf

imported post

I would love to read it

No, you wouldn't.[font=TimesNewRoman,Bold][font=TimesNewRoman,Bold]

[align=left]From the complaint, page 223:[/align]

[align=left]
(1). The Sword and The Bible as Articles of Faith, A System of Religious Belief
[/align]

[align=left]followed by a listing of various bible chapters and verses,totalling2.75 pages. :rolleyes: No wonder our federal (and other courts) are clogged . . . .[/align]
[/font]
[/font]

donhamrick

Banned
imported post

deanf wrote:
[align=left]From the complaint, page 223:[/align]

[align=left]
(1). The Sword and The Bible as Articles of Faith, A System of Religious Belief
[/align]

[align=left]followed by a listing of various bible chapters and verses, totalling 2.75 pages. :rolleyes:  No wonder our federal (and other courts) are clogged . . . .[/align][/size][/font][/size][/font]

That section is intend to show that there are religiuos origins for the Second Amendment and to provide a bridge to not only the First Amendment right to religious freedom but to the human right of religious freedom in human rights treaties.

My lawsuit is carefully designed to challenge the United States violations not only of my statutory rights and my constitutional rights as a merchant seaman and as a US citizen but also my human rights under the treaty clause.

My lawsuit in the federal court is also designed to support my human rights complaint against the US at the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights (international level).

Picking any one section for disparaging comments does a disservice to the lawsuit in its entirety.

PT111

imported post

I once had a boss that served in the Navy during WW II. He was always using the term Sea Lawyer and I never knew wat it meant. Does this case involve a Sea Lawyer? :shock:

2a4all

imported post

PT111 wrote:
I once had a boss that served in the Navy during WW II. He was always using the term Sea Lawyer and I never knew wat it meant. Does this case involve a Sea Lawyer? :shock:
I'm sure you've heard the term "Jailhouse Lawyer".

A "Sea Lawyer" is pretty much the same thing. S/he is a self-proclaimed expert on Navy/UCMJ regs/traditions and isn't shy about spouting opinions on what "they" can do to you/for you in any given situation.

They have their place in the grand scheme of things. Almost everyone here would qualify.

I was a Chief Petty Officer in another life.

Freeflight

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hey,

I have my own servers and website. I will post it for you. I thought it was very good (As I read the entire thing....)

No Stings no Catches..

FreeFlight

"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice."
- John Adams