• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WallyWorld Kingstowne NOVA

razor_baghdad

imported post

WallyWorld KT Alexandria has a new Sporting Goods Manager.

Her name is Nora G.

I ran into a fellow OC.org lurker at the countertoday. I bought 200 rds 9 ball.

Lurker: Why do I have to show my license, don't I look like I'm over 21?'

Nora G: 'Store Policy, sir'.

[Lurker looks at me and the 92 - decides it's best to show DL]

I ask if he's on OC.org, states yes but I lurk....I say, you need to intro!!

Nora G: 'You have a pistol, is that legal?'

Me: Absolutely, 2nd Amendment rights and all that......

Nora: 'You mean I can carry a pistol like that and it's legal?'

Me 'Absolutely!'..[expl Va laws at this point....but not at work, that's employee/corporate dependent]

Nora: 'So when I leave here at night, I can have a pistol on my hip and no-one will say anything?'

Me 'No-one will say anything, it's completely legal and adviseable'.

At this point I hand her an OC.org card asshe admires the OC pistol.

Easy bizness at KT Wally....ask for Nora G. for :celebrate:dude:

72Malibu

imported post

I think that saying that "no one will say anything" is slightly misleading. Someone definitely may say something including the police (we all know about harassment that some OCers get), but I would just reassure her that it's legal in Virginia, but it does draw attention.