Thread: WOAH!!! THERE'S a NEW RANGE in NOVA!!!!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Last August I stopped working at the facility in Warrenton and began work near the NRA headquarters. Well, today I had to go out to Warrenton and went there directly from my place in Stafford. So I'm tooling down Midland road on my Yamaha and what do I see. A sign for "RANGE82". Now I knew that they were building something back there from several months ago and I kind of suspected it was some sort of a range but didn't know for sure. So I figured that I would swing by on my way home.

Well, I did. And it is a shooting range. Unfortunately, there was no one around to ask questions and having visited thier websitehttp://www.range82.com/, Ifound that they are closed from Sept to March. Sheesh! The range looked real nice, has a classroom building, and covered firing positions. They have 25, 50, and 100 yard lines.

About the only thing I found offputting is they require a criminal background check if you want to join (besides being closed half of the year).

For more info, check out the website that is listed in this post above.

Post imported post

Well, looks like my tax-payer funded ranges still beat this place out then, but thanks for the info.

Anyone know if they will allow incendiary rounds?
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Wow, that is practically in my back yard. I ride my scooter out in that area all the time too.

What kind of Yamaha you got? I just got the little one (Stratoliner 1900).

Post imported post

jegoodin wrote:
    Wow, that is practically in my back yard. I ride my scooter out in that area all the time too.

What kind of Yamaha you got? I just got the little one (Stratoliner 1900).
    I love the Stratoliner! The zuma with big bore kit is my favorite though

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I got a tiny one, 1100 Silverado.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I rode a Vstar 1100 for 3 years (45,000) miles. They are great bikes. I still have it, but it is my BUB.

Got the Strato exactly a year ago and it just turned 19,000 miles. I use it to commute into DC for work as well as ride for fun on the backroads on the weekend. The wife got a bike too so we are usually cruising around together. Let's hook up sometime for a ride!

BTW, I OC about 90% of the time that I'm riding around town, the other 10% is CC. If I didn't have to go into DC for work I'd wear it commuting too.

Post imported post

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/14607.html

Is this the range that you are refering to?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Negative, this one is south of Manassas off of Route 28 in Midland, near the Warrenton-Faquier airport.

Post imported post

Here's a google map link to the address on their web site:

http://maps.google.com/?q=4818+Midland+Road,Midland,VA+22728&z=10

TFred

Post imported post

kaiheitai17 wrote:
    About the only thing I found offputting is they require a criminal background check if you want to join (besides being closed half of the year).
    This is not an uncommon practice apparently.
    http://www.rrpc.org/membership.php

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Agent19 wrote:
    kaiheitai17 wrote:
    This is not an uncommon practice apparently.
    http://www.rrpc.org/membership.php
    I belonged to a shooting club that had that as a requirement, but they accepted my CCW in lieu of having to have another background check performed.

Post imported post

From the link I provide earlier.

Applicants can comply with this requirement automatically if they meet one of the following requirements.

• Provide a copy of your Virginia Concealed Carry Permit.
    • Provide a copy of the documentation where you have purchased a firearm from an FFL dealer in the state of Virginia within the past twelve months maximum.
    • If applicant is full time or reserve military, provide a copy of current assignment orders.
    • If applicant is a member of any law enforcement agency
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Agent19 wrote:
    From the link I provide earlier.

Applicants can comply with this requirement automatically if they meet one of the following requirements.

• Provide a copy of your Virginia Concealed Carry Permit.
    • Provide a copy of the documentation where you have purchased a firearm from an FFL dealer in the state of Virginia within the past twelve months maximum.
    • If applicant is full time or reserve military, provide a copy of current assignment orders.
    • If applicant is a member of any law enforcement agency
    Only problem here is that Range 82 does not make any other allowances besides a criminal record check.

From the Range 82 website under membership:

2. All shooters at Range 82 are required to submit to a criminal record check before being approved for membership. This is required for the safety of our members, personnel and the community. Shooters may submit Virginia State Police Form SP-167 (Criminal Record Check) or their state’s equivalent. Forms are available at the Range, or may be obtained from the Virginia State Police website: https://apps.vsp.virginia.gov/ncjis/publicforms.do

Hmmm, safety of our members? Personnel? Community? Suuuure. Wonder why the NRA Range doesn't have this requirement? Guess the NRA is just careless and is willing to allow criminals in general use thier range.

Any how, perhaps there are some shooters on this board who could use a place like this to shoot. That is the only reason I have posted this thread.

Post imported post

kaiheitai17 wrote:
    perhaps there are some shooters on this board who could use a place like this to shoot. That is the only reason I have posted this thread.
    Range 82 would be convenient.
    The background checkis a non issue.
    It is disappointing that it is required.

TheSept-March closingis my problem with the facility.
    I'll have to check it out come March and see ifI want to become a member.
    If not, I'll be heading to the IWLA.

I love shooting outdoors.

Thanks for posting/finding this.

~Alan Korwin

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Agent19 wrote:
    kaiheitai17 wrote:
    perhaps there are some shooters on this board who could use a place like this to shoot. That is the only reason I have posted this thread.
    Range 82 would be convenient.
    The background checkis a non issue.
    It is disappointing that it is required.

TheSept-March closingis my problem with the facility.
    I'll have to check it out come March and see ifI want to become a member.
    If not, I'll be heading to the IWLA.

I love shooting outdoors.

Thanks for posting/finding this.

I glad that this info may be useful to you.:celebrate