• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

reckless driving/concealed carry incident

jopencarry

Banned
imported post

Some of you may have seen the previous thread where i was arrested for reckless driving while carrying, and that things took a very bad turn for the worst when i handed over my concealed permit.

I'm just going to state what has happened without going into too much detail.

When i went to court initially to plead, The court had no papers on me, and had not given my attorney the discovery evidence. So i plead not guilty with no papers in the court, and no evidence. The DA signed off on the charges at the very last minute.

They also ignored my FOIA request. When i went to the DA they ignored me and would not full fill my FOIA request and pretended that i had never filed one.

They thought i was representing myself (even though my lawyer requested discovery several times). I think their plan was to hope i would go and plead no contest or guilty to make it go away, with a fine or whatever.

My attorney went into the DA's office and caused a huge stink and finally got them to give him the evidence. The chief of police, the DA, and others were in there running around like chickens with their head cutoff because they were trying to figure a way out. (this is what my attorney said).

basically there is no evidence. What they have:

Allege that I split two cars
Flipped off one of the cars

In the police report the people in the two cards were family members, mom and kids in other car. they admitted to driving next to each other parallel going 50 in a 55 on purpose to block me. Maybe they thought it would be funny? not sure.

Also in the police report the officer states that he asked the woman if my actions could have caused physical or financial damage, and i was arrested because she said yes.

that is it... for reckless driving... which was not witnessed by anyone but the accuser.

There is a specific Oregon statute that deals with this alleged "traffic violation".

[line]814.240 Motorcycle or moped unlawful passing;
(b) Operates a moped or motorcycle between lanes of traffic or between adjacent lines or rows of vehicles.
(3) The offense described in this section, motorcycle or moped unlawful passing in a lane with a vehicle, is a Class B traffic violation.

153.018 Schedule of penalties... may not impose a term of imprisonment.
(b) $360 for a Class B violation.
[line]
Not surprisingly they have requested a settlement conference, which I am going to on the 29th.

Obviously i will not accept anything but dismissal, and will not relinquish any of my rights which may be exercised at a later time.

I also believe i have cause to consider malicious prosecution in any action that might take place in the future.

codename_47

imported post

They also ignored my FOIA request.
As they should. You are in court. Hit them with a discovery request and let them ignore that.

If they do, follow up with a motion to compel, motion to strike, and motion for sanctions.

jopencarry

Banned
imported post

codename_47 wrote:
As they should. You are in court. Hit them with a discovery request and let them ignore that.

If they do, follow up with a motion to compel, motion to strike, and motion for sanctions.
Why should they ignore it? I'm not trying to be a ass i'm really curious as to why.

They did ignore my attorney's discovery request. They still have not given him the evidence. he had to take pictures of the evidence with his camera because they did not have copies.

motion to strike meaning strike all that evidence from the record because they did not share it? What would motion for sanctions do?

ODA 226

imported post

Damn JOHNNYB! You should slow down! Don't you know that spliting cars is illegal?! And DANGEROUS! Heck, you could have killed yourself or that poor family!

I can't believe you bowed down to the man! Stand up for yourself JohnnyB!

BTW: Thanks for contributing more to my Retirement Fund! I never knew you cared so much!

MetalChris

imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
Damn JOHNNYB! You should slow down! Don't you know that spliting cars is illegal?! And DANGEROUS! Heck, you could have killed yourself or that poor family!

BTW: Thanks for contributing more to my Retirement Fund! I never knew you cared so much!
:lol: :lol:

jopencarry

Banned
imported post

ODA 226 wrote:

what the hell is that supposed to mean? I haven't paid anything and i won't pay anything

Gunslinger

imported post

ODA 226 wrote:

You're saying this is our old friend JohnnyB?

Gunslinger

imported post

codename_47 wrote:

Failure to issue discovery is grounds for summary dismissal. Your lawyer should know this. You were arrested for a misdemeanor not witnessed by the cops? They have no case. Or was it a felony?

ODA 226

imported post

Gunslinger wrote:
ODA 226 wrote:

You're saying this is our old friend JohnnyB?
ABSOLUTELY!

jopencarry

Banned
imported post

Gunslinger wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

Failure to issue discovery is grounds for summary dismissal. Your lawyer should know this. You were arrested for a misdemeanor not witnessed by the cops? They have no case. Or was it a felony?

reckless is a misdemeanor. they have no case. it is NOT a felony.

i explained what happened in another thread but i asked that it was deleted. which is really does not matter because they have nothing and im not going to give them anything.

basically at about 11:30pm i was coming home from a ~15 hour day at work and two cars were pacing each other under the speed limit.

i allegedly passed the cars on the dotted line.

about 5 miles down the road in the city, the city cops stopped and assaulted me on the persons word in the car.

they went nuts and screamed at me and got in my face with their batons out all around me when i gave them my concealed permit.

they did not have PC to arrest me.

1. splitting cars is a traffic fine
2. they shouldn't arrest on (double) hearsay over the dispatcher

ODA 226

imported post

jopencarry wrote:
ODA 226 wrote:

what the hell is that supposed to mean? I haven't paid anything and i won't pay anything

Heck JOHHNYB! How many times have you told me that you pay my salary?! This tremendous fine you are going to pay is going to help fund my retirement! :p

Thanks JOHNNYB/JohhnyBliss/TipsyMcStagger/jopencarry/jethro or who ever you want to call yourself today! The man is gettin' PAID! YIPPEE! :lol:

Keep acting the way you do and pretty soon you'll only be able to drive a skateboard (but not in Baltimore) or sexy little inline rollerblades! With Reno 911 hotpants of course! ;)

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Were the persons (witness/complainants)who called 911 in court? No sworn tesitmony from the accuser(s)? No LEO observations (I assume). They have no case otherwise.... unless they access this forum. Inwhich case your Res Geste statements could be used as Prima Facie evidence that you did in fact 'split' between the cars. That said... if the complainants hadn't been deliberately obstructing traffic in the first place... there'd been no problem.

Thundar

imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
jopencarry wrote:
ODA 226 wrote:

Heck JOHHNYB! How many times have you told me that you pay my salary?! This tremendous fine you are going to pay is going to help fund my retirement! :p

Thanks JOHNNYB/JohhnyBliss/TipsyMcStagger/jopencarry/jethro or who ever you want to call yourself today! The man is gettin' PAID! YIPPEE! :lol:

Keep acting the way you do and pretty soon you'll only be able to drive a skateboard (but not in Baltimore) or sexy little inline rollerblades! With Reno 911 hotpants of course! ;)

Why goad somebody like that about a possible traffic violation? His traffic violation is of minor consequence, but the police abuse over his firearms permit is a serious matter in this forum.

You may not like his attitude, but our rights are not based upon our congeniality. If his rights as a gun owner were trampled then put the criticism where it belongs, on the power hungry cops that abuse those that do not cave to their warped tyrannical excess.

jopencarry

Banned
imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
jopencarry wrote:
ODA 226 wrote:

don't feed the trolls

jopencarry

Banned
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Were the persons (witness/complainants)who called 911 in court? No sworn tesitmony from the accuser(s)? No LEO observations (I assume). They have no case otherwise.... unless they access this forum. Inwhich case your Res Geste statements could be used as Prima Facie evidence that you did in fact 'split' between the cars. That said... if the complainants hadn't been deliberately obstructing traffic in the first place... there'd been no problem.

I HAVE NOT GONE TO COURT YET.

they are requesting a settlement conference. because they are LOSERS and have NO CASE.

I have no idea IF it goes to trial if they will be there. i assume they will. (the people in the car). But, since technically the state of oregon is my accuser, not these people. they probably are not required to show up. If the state of oregon is my accuser, all evidence they obtained from these "witnesses" is hearsay.

But once again, splitting cars IS A TRAFFIC TICKET. NOT RECKLESS DRIVING. LEOs can't decide for themselves they want to turn a simple ticket into a CRIME.

thats like saying you go 10 over the speed limit, the cops don't like that you have a gun and they charge your with reckless. thats exactly what happened here. not to mention that i was assaulted verbally and physically, and also that the DA signed off on the charges knowing full well what the evidence was, and they deliberatly tried to withhold evidence hoping i would plead out and take a fine.

[line]814.240 Motorcycle or moped unlawful passing;
(b) Operates a moped or motorcycle between lanes of traffic or between adjacent lines or rows of vehicles.
(3) The offense described in this section, motorcycle or moped unlawful passing in a lane with a vehicle, is a Class B traffic violation.

153.018 Schedule of penalties... may not impose a term of imprisonment.
(b) $360 for a Class B violation.
[line]

jopencarry

Banned
imported post

deanf wrote:
Why are we trying this case here? You have a lawyer, let him handle it. If he isn't, get another.
he is handling it, i'm just posting what is happening.

because people did not believe me when i told them what happened

ODA 226

imported post

jopencarry wrote:
deanf wrote:
Why are we trying this case here? You have a lawyer, let him handle it. If he isn't, get another.
he is handling it, i'm just posting what is happening.

because people did not believe me when i told them what happened
WeSTILL don't believe you JohnnyB! Troll! HAHAHA! Go to your little motorcycle board and cry like a little baby there...you're not going to get any sympathy here.

nitrovic

imported post

jopencarry wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

Why should they ignore it? I'm not trying to be a ass i'm really curious as to why.

They did ignore my attorney's discovery request. They still have not given him the evidence. he had to take pictures of the evidence with his camera because they did not have copies.

motion to strike meaning strike all that evidence from the record because they did not share it? What would motion for sanctions do?

:uhoh: