• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First time carry

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

OK, my HCP finally arrived this morning in the mail. I had to go to town for the boss after lunch, so I slipped my .45 Colt (clone) onto my belt and took the plunge. Now Lobelville is a small rural town with a Mennonite presence. I had already done some asking around about folks open carrying in the area, since I hadn't seen anyone doing it, and found that it wasn't a big deal to folks there. (There are a few that OC all the time, I just haven't met up with them yet.)

I layed my gun in the seat in the holster when I head for town, since my first stop was going to be the Post Office. After getting that done I put the holster on my belt and headed for the local mini-mart for a Mtn Dew. There wer abunch of older men in the mini-mart socializing and I know that a few of them were looking right at me as I walked in but didn't seemed to be alarmed. The cashier didn't say a word about the gun when I paid for my Dew, and I was off to my next stop. Went into the local grocery store fora couple of 6- packs of Dews and no one seemed to notice my hogleg. Cool :cool:Then back out to the holler.

OK, non-eventul, which is how it should be,but it was really weird feeling carrying a firearm for the first time, in public.....and OCing at that. I guess it will take some time to get use to it.

WCrawford

imported post

I felt that everyone was watching me when I first OC'd. The more you do it the less nervous you'll be.

If you (or anyone else) is in Nashville, drop me a PM and we can hit the range or just get a cup of coffee (or a glass of Dew!). :D

Its always nice to put faces with names and expand our ftf social circles.

Edit: Opps, I forgot to add my congratulations on getting your HCP.