• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Best Ammo For Glocks

FightingGlock19

imported post

WCrawford wrote:
Since I'll not be shooting this stuff at the range (why use hollow points at a range???), I hope to have the same 50 rounds until I die of old age.
Why shoot defencive ammo at the range? To find out if there may be any issues with the ammo and the weapon combonation before you need to depend on it. Stranger things have happened.

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

SFCAdamsYG wrote:
What is everyones favorite self defense ammo that you all use in Glocks. I'm told that hydroshocks are dangerous to use with them. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

SFC Adams
for target shooting I use WOLF. for defense, I have migrated to Corbon DPX or Corbon PowerBall.

baseballguy2001

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

I have used a variety of different ammo in my two glocks without any trouble. Winchester Rangers, CCI Blazers, and UMC yellow box. (Remington) Then again I clean them after every trip to the range. I agree with another poster, they will eat anything. I've never tried reloads and never will.

AbNo

imported post

What? There's nothing wrong with reloads. I use 'em all the time.

'ell, I had to use Cowboy powder (extra smoky) when I made some rounds for my 1911, it eats them up!

gotm4

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I don't own .40 cal Glocks (not a fan of .40 cal Glocks).
I own four 9mm Glocks (17, two 19s, and a 26) and I own a .357SIG Glock 32.

In the .357SIG Glock 32 I carry it with Speer Gold Dot 125gr and Winchester Ranger 125gr SXT.

In 9mm Glocks I carry with Winchester Ranger 127gr+P+ SXT or 147gr SXT.

Glock 9mm pistols are chambered in 9mm NATO. 9mm NATO is in the +P range of 9mm SAAMI spec ammo.

Evil Ernie

imported post

Best ammo for Glocks?

Generally I use 7.62x54R Czech steel core, it really makes the glock come apart nicely...

OHHH, you meant ammo to shoot OUT of the gun, oh well, I don't know...

bordsnbikes

imported post

Corbon Pow'r Balls. Nuf said.

As for your carry ammo. I change mine out twice a year and shoot the old stuff. Moisture is a problem with old ammo, now things are fairly well sealed. Still, why take the chance. $40-$50 worth of ammo, twice a year, but what's your life worth? Also, when you rack a round into the barrel the bullet has the chance to get pushed back a little inside the casing. If it happens enough you can develop an overpressure and crack your chamber when you fire. This is a small chance, but if you use the same carry ammo all your life, it become much larger.

Tumbleweeds

imported post

I've had jamming problems with PCM fmj 9mm in my Glock 17. other wise it eats most any factory loads. I think my particular glock just doesn't like PCM fmj's.